- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): NextNine
- Website: http://www.nextnine.com
- Company size (employees): 35
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 6000
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Partnerships and customer base – NextNine has global partnerships with the largest industrial vendors, consultants, system integrators and managed security service providers, including Cisco, Yokogawa, Rockwell, Honeywell, Schneider Electric, BAE, Wipro, Accenture and ABB. The solution is deployed in about 6000 plants and 1000 manufacturing enterprises around the world.
• Comprehensive cybersecurity for OT and SCADA environments – the solution uniquely provides comprehensive cybersecurity protection for OT and SCADA environments.
• Cost Savings – by centrally and semi-automatically managing cybersecurity protection of OT and SCADA systems, the solution saves customers significant in time and money in their cybersecurity efforts.
It’s no secret that industrial infrastructure is under constant threat from cyberterrorists and spies with criminal intentions and terrorist objectives.
To make matters worse, industrial environments use mission critical systems based on OT (Operational Technology) and SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) devices. OT is the equipment used in industrial processes by manufacturing enterprises and SCADA are the protocols for remote monitoring and control of industrial processes. Both use proprietary protocols and legacy technologies that are beyond the protection scope of traditional IT security management solutions, exposing industrial environments to security vulnerabilities.
NextNine provides the leading industrial cybersecurity solution for OT and SCADA environments. The NextNine Industrial Cybersecurity solution delivers comprehensive cyberprotection, including:
Industrial asset discovery – automates the discovery and inventory of all industrial assets, including Distributed Control Systems, Remote Terminal Units, Programmable Logic Controls, Human Machine Interfaces and networking devices.
Secure remote access – creates a single highly secure gateway for remote access to OT and SCADA systems across multiple locations with high levels of access granularity for each device, communication protocol, activities and time of day per authorized user.
Anti-virus, windows and product patching – manages the complicated process of patching industrial software applications running on top of standard operating systems and updating anti-virus signatures.
Backup and restore – facilitates backing up and restoring industrial software.
Anomaly detection – identifies items, events or observations that do not conform to an expected pattern in a dataset in order to protect against vulnerabilities, such as fraudulent access.
The NextNine Industrial Cybersecurity solution is comprised of two components – the Security Center, which is located at the manufacturer’s headquarters, and the Virtual Security Engines, which are located on premise at each facilities. The two components create a secure tunnel that provides protected communications between the central location and each remote facility.