- Website: http://www.threatstack.com
- Company size (employees): 100 to 499
- Country: United States
- Headquarters Region: North America
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
- Threat Stack makes security part of the everyday build and release cycle rather than a potential blocker at the end of the project. Teams using Threat Stack are able to move securely at the speed of DevOps.
- Rather than the traditional signature-based approach, Threat Stack sits at the host level and uses a behavior-based approach to intrusion detection that sends real-time alerts about any abnormal behavior from both internal and external sources.
- With continuous monitoring and real-time alerting, Threat Stack users can be certain that there are always eyes on their infrastructure. This expands beyond their own data to their customer data, which Threat Stack users know exists in a safe, secure, and compliant environment.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
In 2017, Threat Stack achieved significant growth in the expansion of its product functionality, size of company, and number of customers worldwide. On top of a $45M Series C round of funding, Threat Stack saw 100% employee growth, 200% revenue growth, and over 1,800 users in the platform across 45,000 instances, Threat Stack has established itself as an emerging leader in cloud security, garnering recognition on multiple fronts, including CFO Kevin Durkin being named 2017 CFO of The Year by the Boston Business Journal.
At Threat Stack, we’re tackling one of the most important problems facing cloud-based companies today — security visibility across the entire back-end infrastructure. We’re doing this by giving security, operations, and development professionals one platform to leverage and understand whether all compliance standards, best practices, and centralized workflows are being followed across the organization. Threat Stack addresses a large number of security-related issues for SMB to Enterprise such as achieving compliance, moving upmarket, and strengthening internal security practices and policies across any cloud or on-prem infrastructure.
Although we are a startup, our mission goes beyond offering a comprehensive Intrusion Detection Platform. We make a point of constantly educating the market on how they can better protect themselves, how to approach security in the context of today’s cybercrime environment, and what it means to implement smart security practices across the organization.