- Website: http://www.threatconnect.com
- Company size (employees): 100
- Country: United States
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
- ThreatConnect was started in 2011 with a mere $50,000 in seed money from the founders. The company took a $4.2M Series A round at the end of 2014 and a $16M Series B round at the end of 2015, to support its rapid-growth plan and increased interest from the market.
- ThreatConnect tripled its employee count in 2015, going from 30 employees to an impressive 100, and plan to double their workforce again in 2016.
- The number of users in ThreatConnect’s threat intelligence platform grew by 157% in 2015, and the platform is used by 50% of the Fortune 100, and 20% of the Fortune 500. In the fourth quarter of 2015, ThreatConnect acquired ten more Fortune 500 clients.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
ThreatConnect launched their commercial product at Black Hat in Las Vegas in 2013. The company has been profitable since its inception, and currently has more than 7,000 platform users, including more than 40 of the Fortune 100. While the services business has remained strong, the product revenue has grown exponentially. The company took a $4.2M Series A round at the end of 2014 and a $16M Series B round at the end of 2015, to support its rapid-growth plan and increased interest from the market. There was significant financial risk to launching a product for a market that wasn’t quite there, but the benefits outweighed the risks for ThreatConnect. Their goal was – and is – to make something that fills a need and implement a solution that some security professionals have only dreamt about and many haven’t yet imagined.
In 2015, ThreatConnect saw rapid growth.The company expanded from 30 employees at the beginning of 2014 to just under 100 employees by the end of 2015. And, the number of users in the platform increased by 157% in 2015. More relevant data is being added to ThreatConnect every day. As of January 2016, there were over 55,000 incidents, more than 3,500 threat groups and over 3,500,000 indicators being tracked.