- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Tresorit
- Website: https://www.tresorit.com
- Company size (employees): 50
- Country: Hungary
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: More than 10,000 business users and 100,000 individual users
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
- Tresorit excels in creating a file sharing service that is both secure and easy-to-use and convenient. End-to-end encryption is at the core of the service.
- Besides enjoying the highest level of security and privacy, Tresorit allows businesses to govern their data and control their files with the help of admin features, DRM and security policies.
- Tresorit's end-to-end encryption has been proved to be unbreakable by more than 1000 hackers.
Unlike standard file synchronization and sharing services like Dropbox or Box, Tresorit’s end-to-end encryption protects files by encrypting them on the user’s device before uploading it to the cloud. Our technology is based on zero-knowledge principles, which means we don’t store passwords and encryption keys of our users, making it technically impossible to access users’ files even in case of a data breach. Only the users and those who they share with have access to the decryption keys and so the files. No one else, not even Tresorit administrators can see them.
Tresorit’s patented sharable encryption technology is a unique solution for sharing encrypted files and manage file-level permission levels (DRM) at the same time. This makes Tresorit ideal for professionals and small and medium size businesses who need security, compliance, file control and confidentiality, as well as collaboration and backup.
Our competitive advantage is the highest level of data security provided by our end-to-end encryption technology. Tresorit’s built-in end-to-end encryption makes secure file sharing easy-to-use and simple, proving between security and ease of use can be achieved at the same time. Security and privacy are our key principles: we store users’ files solely in EU-based servers complying with highest security standards and protect all data under Swiss privacy law.