- Website: https://www.tufin.com/
- Company size (employees): 100 to 499
- Country: United States
- Headquarters Region: North America
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Tufin has made continuous efforts to expand its global reach. This year, it opened its U.S. headquarters in order to be in closer collaboration with the innovative cybersecurity ecosystem in Boston, Massachusetts. Tufin CEO Ruvi Kitov relocated to Boston from Israel to lead the new headquarters, and he is already working to forge relationships with state and city elected officials in their work to foster the city’s cybersecurity community.
• Responding to its rapidly growing customer base, Tufin also hosted its first-ever user conferences. Aiming for a global reach, Tufinnovate U.S. took place in Chicago, and Tufinnovate EMEA took place in Germany.
• Tufin makes it a priority to partner with other leading vendors in the space. This allows organizations to meet the challenges of today’s heterogeneous IT environments that span physical networks, virtual networks and hybrid cloud platforms, and strengthen security at reduced costs. It also enhances the overall security market. Currently, Tufin Orchestration Suite supports leading vendors and platforms including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Blue Coat, Check Point, Cisco, F5 Networks, Fortinet, Forcepoint, Netfilter/IPtables, Juniper Networks, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, Palo Alto Networks, VMware and more. Additional supported platforms are available via Tufin Open Platform (TOP) plugins.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
Tufin rang in 2017 with a celebration of its twelfth consecutive year of company growth, growing nearly 50 percent year-over-year (YOY) and reporting positive cash flow. Additionally, Tufin has experienced 80 percent growth YOY in the adoption of its automation solutions, evidence of the recognition and rapid adoption of its products as well as of the Network Security Policy Management (NSPM) market. Forty companies in the Fortune 100 and more than half of the top 50 companies in the Forbes Global 2000 are now Tufin customers.
The biggest news from Tufin in 2017 was the expansion of the company as it opened its U.S. headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts, to support the rate of business growth. The new headquarters, led by CEO Ruvi Kitov, opened in June with over 20 employees. With the move, Tufin joined the innovative and successful community of Israeli-founded cybersecurity companies that have established roots in the Boston technology community. In addition, the company has seen significant growth in headcount over the last year: 50 percent growth in its Boston office and 30 percent growth globally.
As the market leader in Network Security Policy Management, Tufin released three new versions of its award-winning Tufin Orchestration Suite in 2017. With the September release of Tufin Orchestration Suite R17-2, Tufin became the first vendor to add automated server decommissioning to the previously released automation of rule decommissioning. These two features complete the first step in the journey towards full automation of critical firewall tasks, easing the demand on the firewall administrator’s time and ensuring that a high security posture is maintained. With R17-2, Tufin Orchestration Suite also became the first NSPM solution to support Cisco Firepower’s management console, domains, and firewalls.