- Website: https://www.twistlock.com/
- Company size (employees): 50 to 99
- Country: Israel
- Headquarters Region: North America
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
- Commitment to evolving with today’s technology and new security threats. Twistlock protects the entire continuum of modern workloads, from VMs to microservices, containers, CaaS, and serverless frameworks, and has been a launch partner for new several new services for serverless, containers, and security alerting from leading cloud providers such as AWS, Google, and Microsoft Azure.
- Pedigreed team. Twistlock CTO John Morello is an established thought leader and contributor to container security best practices as co-author of the NIST Guide for Container Security. The Twistlock team built the authorization framework in Docker and OpenShift and secrets management in Docker Swarm.
- Top-notch research and development group. Twistlock Labs found 14 security vulnerabilities that were publicly disclosed, with CVE IDs that were allocated to NVD.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
There is no denying that containers have crossed the chasm to mainstream adoption, fueled by hybrid portability, repeatability, and ease of deployment, along with orchestration technology the likes of Kubernetes. At the same time, the emergence of DevOps methodologies are putting heavy focus on automation and orchestration throughout the lifecycle of an application. This trend has changed the game for security best practices in organizations that are moving to the cloud. Old paradigms of securing monolithic applications on on-prem infrastructure have become obsolete – yet security remains a top concern for CISOs and engineers migrating to containerized, cloud native applications.
Twistlock was founded in 2015 to solve this problem for security practitioners and software engineers and is now the de facto security platform for hundreds of enterprise customers, which includes 30% of the Fortune 100, government entities including all branches of the Department of Defense, and a majority of cabinet level agencies. It is the industry’s first and most complete enterprise security suite for container security, providing enterprises with vulnerability management, CI integration, runtime defense, real-time threat intelligence and more. It’s mission is to provide a complete, real-time security stack for the entire lifecycle of application development so that enterprises can confidently adopt and maximize the benefits of containers and emerging cloud native services in their production environments, on any cloud.
- Vote For This Nomination