- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): AlienVault
- Website: https://www.alienvault.com
- Company size (employees): 100 - 499
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Hybrid
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 4000
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• AlienVault USM is designed and priced to ensure that mid-market organizations can effectively and affordably detect and defend themselves from emerging threats. Small to mid-sized businesses are at the greatest risk of cyberattack primarily because of limited staff and resources; small IT teams with limited budgets, staff and security expertise especially benefit from USM’s unified console that enables simplified deployment and integrates threat intelligence to delivers maximum security visibility.
• USM bundles SIEM with all of the other essential security capabilities that organizations need to ensure complete visibility into the security of their assets. Users can effectively monitor the 5 key security capabilities that are integrated into the platform, while OTX data enables organizations of all sizes to benefit from the power of real-time, crowd-sourced threat intelligence. By combining these essential security controls into a single platform, USM saves customers the time, cost, and complexity involved in purchasing, configuring, and integrating disparate data feeds and management consoles.
• USM is designed for easy deployment and intuitive operation. We have done all of the work of integrating USM’s range of capabilities into a single, easy-to-use interface, so that customers can start using it to detect threats to their systems from day one. USM is offered in a range of configurations to make it easy to deploy and leverage in ANY environment (including cloud and hybrid cloud), and is designed and priced to ensure that all organizations, from small & mid-sized companies to the largest enterprises, can effectively detect and defend themselves from emerging threats.
AlienVault’s Unified Security Management™ (USM) platform is a comprehensive and affordable threat detection and incident response solution that leverages AlienVault Labs’ Threat Intelligence and AlienVault’s Open Threat Exchange™ (OTX), the world’s largest crowd-sourced threat intelligence network.
USM goes well beyond SIEM, providing users with five essential security capabilities in a single console: asset discovery, vulnerability assessment, behavioral monitoring, threat detection, and security intelligence & correlation. Designed to meet the unique security needs of mid-sized enterprises, USM provides a comprehensive level of visibility that enables organizations to detect emerging threats across their environment, respond quickly to possible incidents, and conduct thorough investigations. It also allows them to easily measure, manage, and report on compliance with standards like PCI, HIPAA, ISO, and more.
USM enables organizations to optimize existing security investments and increase the effectiveness of their IT teams by arming them with emerging global threat intelligence from AlienVault Labs and OTX.
Advantages of AlienVault USM over traditional SIEM tools:
1) Breadth of Features:
In addition to traditional SIEM functions, USM includes essential security capabilities that allow an organization to monitor the systems, applications, and services on its network, understand the vulnerabilities of those systems, identify threats actively traversing their network, as well as flag suspicious behavior that could indicate a compromised system.
2) Integrated Threat Intelligence:
AlienVault Labs’ Threat Intelligence drives USM’s threat identification capabilities, providing USM users with a robust and comprehensive understanding of emerging threats, attack techniques and effective defenses.
Building essential security controls into a single platform saves customers from the time, cost, and complexity of purchasing, configuring, and integrating disparate data feeds and management consoles. IT teams with limited budgets, staff and security expertise benefit from USM’s affordable purchase price, unified console that enables simplified deployment, and integrated threat intelligence that delivers maximum security visibility.