- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): VASCO Data Security
- Website: http://www.vasco.com
- Company size (employees): 500 to 999
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: VASCO DIGIPASS® for Apps is integrated by many of the world’s leading financial institutions, and approximately 30 million DIGIPASS for Apps licenses are deployed worldwide. Leading finance and banking companies around the world relying on DIGIPASS for Apps include BankMobile, HSBC, Deutsche Bank, Commerzbank, Mizuho Bank, Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi, Rabobank, KBC, Bank of America, ING and ABN AMRO.
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
Gold winner, 2017 Info Security Products Guide Global Excellence Award for Fraud Prevention
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Industry-Leading Security Prevents Fraud - Extensive authentication options, anti-malware technology and client risk scoring capabilities effectively mitigate fraud and insulate consumers from hacking attacks. This ultimately reduces fraud exposure for the business (Contributing to the bottom line) and improving the consumer experience in the process.
• Speed to Market Drives Growth - With DIGIPASS for Apps, app developers don’t need to be security experts. By delivering a complete mobile security solution in SDK form, developers can focus on enhancing the business capabilities of their applications, and accelerating time to market for revenue generating application features.
• User Experience Ensures Loyalty - By elevating trust and improving user experience, organizations can securely offer more services via mobile, improve capabilities for other banking channels in the process and create more loyal customers.
DIGIPASS for Apps is a comprehensive software development kit (SDK) that natively integrates application security, multi-factor authentication, transaction signing and e-signatures into mobile applications.
VASCO’s DIGIPASS for Apps includes the following features:
• Runtime Application Self-Protection (RASP) to dynamically monitor app execution to detect and prevent attacks on mobile apps
• Advanced Biometrics (e.g., ”selfie” and fingerprint authentication) to accurately validate the customer’s identity before the transaction can be completed
• E-signatures to capture legal intent and a detailed audit trail of how, when, and where the transaction took place
• Fraud protection utilizing a client-based risk score of the customer and transaction in order to reduce the likelihood of fraud
No other mobile application security solution provides a single framework with as extensive a library of APIs and integrated features that ensure strong security and optimal user experience.
Tight Integration with IDENTIKEY Risk Manager
Through sophisticated, real-time risk analysis, IDENTIKEY Risk Manager delivers strong and dynamic protection against fraudulent activities across multiple channels – identifying risk at critical steps, predicting risk levels, and taking quick action when fraud patterns are identified.
IDENTIKEY Risk Manager works silently in the background to collect and score activities and operations based on intelligent analysis of behavioral, contextual, qualitative and quantitative data, and by challenging unusual patterns and stepping up security where required, IDENTIKEY Risk Manager creates a barrier that a hacker or fraudster cannot easily circumvent, and in a way that doesn’t impact the user experience.
Behavioral Authentication is an invisible layer of security that enables end-users to authenticate through the unique ways they type, swipe and hold their devices. Through a partnership with BehavioSec, VASCO provides another strong biometric capability for customers with a singular focus on a truly frictionless user experience.