- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): WatchGuard Technologies
- Website: http://www.watchguard.com/
- Company size (employees): 200-500 employees
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Hybrid
- Approximate number of users worldwide: As a privately held company, WatchGuard cannot provide specific details on current market share for any of our products. Since our founding in 1996, over one million WatchGuard security appliances have been deployed worldwide.
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• WatchGuard Firebox offers best-in-class security services for small, medium-sized businesses and distributed enterprises at the highest speeds in the industry with full UTM features enabled.
• All Firebox’s security services are included with one purchase – no extra software or hardware installation required – and can be easily configured and deployed from a central web UI.
• Firebox offers real-time multi-appliance log aggregation and reporting so busy IT managers can instantly identify and take action against network threats.
WatchGuard Firebox series of tabletop network security appliances are uniquely architected to be the smartest, fastest and most effective network security products in the industry. WatchGuard solutions put IT security pros back in charge of their networks with widely deployable, enterprise-grade security and threat visibility tools suitable for any organization, regardless of budget, size, or complexity.
All Firebox products are not only easy to initially configure and deploy, they are also designed with an emphasis on centralized management, making ongoing policy and network management simple and straightforward. Security is complex, but running it doesn’t have to be.
Other manufacturers might offer faster throughput for one single security technology, but we engineered WatchGuard’s platform to deliver the fastest throughput when it matters – with all security scanning engines turned on.
WatchGuard’s award-winning Dimension™ threat visibility tool comes included on all Firebox firewalls. It aggregates log data from multiple appliances in real time displays interactive visualizations that enable busy IT managers to instantly identify and act to resolve potential network security threats and spot trends, outliers and insights about network traffic and usage. All the security services included with Firebox can be easily managed though one web UI and reported on via Dimension.
WatchGuard’s unique product architecture makes it quick and easy for our team to add new, innovative network security services to our UTM offerings faster than the competition. That same architecture makes it just as easy for us to upgrade or change our existing services as technologies evolve and best practices change – something that would be a massive and time-consuming development project for any of our competitors. WatchGuard also works with a wide range of partners including AVG, Cyren, Websense, Trend Micro, Sophos and Lastline to offer best-in-class security services with each Firebox.