- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): WhiteHat Security
- Website: https://www.whitehatsec.com/
- Company size (employees): 100 to 499
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 800+ enterprise customers
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
1. “Best Application Security Product” in the 2017 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards.
2. Winner of the Vulnerability Management Award in the Computing Security Excellence Awards of 2016
3. Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant in Application Security Testing
4. Finalist, Best Cloud Security Product, V3 Technology Awards
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• A distinctive approach: Unlike tool vendors, every vulnerability identified by WhiteHat Sentinel is manually verified for accuracy by a security expert in the TRC. Sentinel is easy to use, and requires no additional staff or software to manage. Sentinel can scale from one to thousands of websites/applications in a production-safe manner, while providing continuous, concurrent assessments without slowing down business as usual. The security experts of our TRC act as an extension of our customer’s security teams by providing manual verification of each vulnerability, and being accessible to our customers directly from the Ask-a-Question feature built into the product.
• Help quantify the risk: No other vendor is capable of identifying where your applications are vulnerable and tell you in very real financial terms the risks you are facing, and your needed security investment in remediation or even developer education. We arm security teams with the information they need to get eye-to-eye with business stakeholders. Sentinel has gathered enough data and analysis to provide numerous metrics and reports to allow an organization to determine their risk posture and compare them with their industry peers. To help satisfy customers’ compliance requirements for training, WhiteHat offers eLearning to teach security experts about Application vulnerabilities, and help developers hone their craft in a more secure manner.
• The right balance: For a security solution to truly be a “solution,” it must balance the relationship between People, Process and Technology. For WhiteHat Security, our bridge is the TRC expertise, the vulnerability scan and assess process and the Sentinel platform. Independently, WhiteHat is the biggest and best in the business at doing each of these. Collectively, we are the only company that has all three working in conjunction, allowing us to execute on our mission: Protect our customers, and by extension all of their end users.
WhiteHat Security SentinelTM is a SaaS Application Security platform which provides customers with intelligence about their application infrastructure, helps them evaluate risk, and protects them from security breaches. Combining advanced technology with human intelligence, provided by top security researchers in the Threat Research Center (TRC), this platform provides innovative AppSec solutions that enable organizations implement DevSecOps. The implementation of DevSecOps is supported by a powerful suite of services including Dynamic Application Security Testing, Static Application Security Testing, and Mobile Application Testing. The platform is fully integrated into the software development lifecycle process, protecting our customers’ entire suite of web, internal, and mobile application infrastructures from inception to production.
Sentinel can scale from one to thousands of websites/applications in a production-safe manner, while providing continuous, concurrent assessments without slowing down business as usual. The security experts of our TRC act as an extension of our customer’s security teams by providing manual verification of each vulnerability to virtually eliminate false positives, saving additional costs and allowing the customers to focus their resources on running their business.
Sentinel helps organizations find where their applications are vulnerable, explains in very real financial terms the risks they’re facing, pinpoints where attention in time, resources, or training is needed, and provides developer education. We arm security teams with the information they need to get eye-to-eye with business stakeholders.
In addition, we deliver:
1. Accuracy with our combination of technology & human expertise;
2. Scale with continuous, concurrent assessments,
3. Production safe assessments to test production web applications, and
4. A unified view of the security posture of the applications throughout the SDLC.