- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Zimperium
- Website: http://www.zimperium.com
- Company size (employees): 100 to 499
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 50 million
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
A full list of awards can be found at https://www.zimperium.com/company#awards.
● CIO Review’s 2018 10 Most Promising Critical Infrastructure Protection Solution Providers
● 2018 Cyber Defense Global Awards for “Leader Wireless, Mobile, and Portable Device Security”
● 2018 CyberSecurity Breakthrough Awards “Overall Mobile Security Company of the Year”
● 2018 GSMA 100 Award Winner
● Tech Titans’ 2018 Fast Tech Award
● The Silicon Review: 10 Fastest Growing Cyber Security Companies 2018 (The Leader in Mobile Threat Defense & Mobile Device Security)
● Analytics Insight 2018 10 Most Innovative Companies in Machine Learning
● 2018 Fortress Cyber Security Award: Organization - Threat Detection, Mobile Security
● CRN 2018 Women of the Channel (Tricia Bonora, Senior Director, Channels, Zimperium)
● Cyber Defense Magazine InfoSec Awards 2018: "CEO of the Year: Most Innovative" and "Enterprise Mobile Threat Defense: Hot Company"
● 2018 CIO Applications Europe Top 20 Machine Learning Solution Provider
● 2018 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards, “Best Mobile Security Product,” Silver
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
Zimperium is the global leader in enterprise mobile threat defense and was founded with a mission to protect mobile devices in the enterprise. In other words, Zimperium didn’t adapt from a consumer solution to an enterprise solution—from day one, the company developed its technology and functionality to serve the needs of enterprises, and specifically enterprises’ need to provide scalable management and threat intelligence.
● zIAP is the only enterprise-grade SDK available to protect applications from attacks and the resulting fraud. zIAP has been deployed via an enterprise organization’s mobile app to over 25 million devices. In 2018 alone, Zimperium identified over 150 million threats on these devices.
● The zIAP SDK can be downloaded, embedded into a mobile app and made available to customers in less than 15 minutes. Not only does no other organization have a similar in-app solution, but the other partial solutions that exist are cumbersome and take significantly longer to implement.
● By embedding zIAP into an existing application, protection is a simple App Store or Google Play update away. Organizations do not need to rely on users to download another app or be concerned with partial adoption. As the app is updated, security is delivered, which means 100 percent adoption rates across all users.
Zimperium, a global leader in mobile device security, offers real-time, on-device protection against Android and iOS threats. The Zimperium platform leverages Zimperium’s award-winning, machine learning-based engine, “z9,” to protect mobile data, apps and sessions against device compromises, network attacks, phishing attempts and malicious apps. To date, z9 has detected 100 percent of zero-day device exploits without requiring an update or suffering from the delays and limitations of cloud-based detection—something no other mobile security provider can claim. A key component of the Zimperium solution is “zIAP,” a solution specifically designed to deliver superior in-app protection.
zIAP is a software development kit (SDK) that quickly embeds z9 into any mobile app, immediately protecting the app and all its sessions from attacks. The implementation of this solution is particularly effective when used by organizations that build and deploy applications that contain or access sensitive information. Zimperium has seen significant market traction with customers utilizing zIAP to build mobile apps for the financial, healthcare, retail, travel and gaming markets. Everything from online banking to food delivery to hotel and airline applications are secured by the in-app protection offered by zIAP, which is estimated to prevent billions of dollars in fraudulent activities.
Headquartered in Dallas, TX, Zimperium is backed by Sierra Ventures, Samsung, Telstra, Warburg Pincus and SoftBank.