Whether you would like to nominate a cybersecurity product / service, cybersecurity company or cybersecurity professional / team, all nominations follow these 3 simple steps:
1) Select Award Category – Visit the nomination page and select the award category (company, product, professional) and sub category for your nomination. Then click the CONTINUE button.
2) Nomination Details – Next, complete the award details form to provide more details about your nomination, including achievements and justification why the nominee deserves recognition, and images of your product, team or nominated individuals. Then click the CONTINUE button.
3) Review Nomination – Next, review your nomination details and correct details, if necessary, using the GO BACK button. If everything looks fine, review the rules and guidelines, and then click the CONTINUE button. You will be directed to a confirmation page stating that your submission is now pending review by our Cybersecurity Excellence Awards staff. Click the button VIEW YOUR AWARD SUBMISSION to review your submission and make changes.
You can review the status of your award submission(s) at any time by visiting the dashboard.
Here is the list of the form fields required to submit nominations for the Cybersecurity Excellence Awards.
CYBERSECURITY PROFESSIONAL NOMINATION
– Name of nominated professional or team
– Job title of nominated professional
– Company (where nominated professional or team is working)
– Company size (employees)
– In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the professional or team in the nominated category
– In 3 bullets, summarize why this professional or team deserves recognition
– Images: Please upload images of the professional and/or team. The first image will become the featured image and is displayed larger than other, secondary images.
CYBERSECURITY PRODUCT NOMINATION
– Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service) *
– Company size (employees)
PRODUCTS / SOLUTIONS / SERVICE DETAILS
– Name of the Product / Solution / Service
– Product Version Number
– Type of solution
– Year this product or service was first introduced to the market
– Year the current version of this product or service has been released
– Approximate number of users worldwide
– In less than 300 words, summarize the most important features and benefits of this product or service
– In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service deserves recognition
– Images: Please upload your company logo and images of your product (screenshots, packaging, appliance, etc.). The first image will become the featured image and is displayed larger than other, secondary images.
– Company (that is being nominated)
– Company size (employees)
– In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category *
– In 3 bullets, summarize why this company deserves recognition
– Images: Please upload your company logo and images of your office, team, etc.). The first image will become the featured image and is displayed larger than other, secondary images.
Here are the cybersecurity categories available for nominations. Can’t find the right category for your company, professional, product or service nomination? Contact us to propose a new category.
Cybersecurity Company Categories
— Best Cybersecurity Company
— Best Cybersecurity Education Provider
— Best Cybersecurity Marketing Agency
— Best Cybersecurity Startup
— Fastest Growing Cybersecurity Company
— Most Innovative Cybersecurity Company
Cybersecurity Professional Categories
— Cybersecurity Educator of the Year
— Cybersecurity Marketer of the Year
— Cybersecurity Professional of the Year
— Cybersecurity Project of the Year
— Cybersecurity Team of the Year
Cybersecurity Product Categories
— Advanced Persistent Threat Protection (APT)
— Anti Malware
— Application Security
— Cloud Security
— Compliance Solution
— Data Leakage Prevention (DLP)
— Database Security
— Email Security
— Embedded Security
— Endpoint Security
— Fraud Prevention
— Identity Management
— Internet of Things Security (IoT)
— Intrusion Detection & Prevention
— ICS / SCADA
— Managed Security Service
— Mobile Security
— Multi-Factor Authentication
— Network Access Control (NAC)
— Network Security
— Policy and User Management
— Security Analytics
— Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
— Security Monitoring
— Social Media Security
— Unified Threat Management (UTM)
— Vulnerability Management
Can’t find a suitable category for your nomination? Please contact us with your category request and we will review for consideration.
The number of different nominations each user can submit is not limited (as long as each nomination is unique). There is no additional charge for multiple nominations on behalf of the same company or client.
The deadline for entering your nomination(s) is December 31, 2018 at midnight US Pacific [the earlier you submit, the lower the nomination fees].
Voting closes January 31, 2019. Award winners and finalists will be announced in February 2019 (exact date to be announced).
We understand that innovative security solutions often don’t fit existing categories. Please contact the Cybersecurity Excellence Awards team if you would like us to consider adding a new category to better fit your product, solution or service nomination.
To see the approval status of your award nominations, or to make changes, visit the dashboard. You need to be a registered user and logged into the awards site with your user credentials.
After completing your nomination, you will receive a notification email confirming that your nomination is pending (please also check your spam folder). Nominations are typically approved within 24 business hours. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please contact our support team.
Submitting your nomination can be completed in less than 10 minutes provided you have the necessary information ready.
After submission, your nomination will be reviewed and are typically approved by the Cybersecurity Excellence Awards team within 24 business hours.
Early-bird award nominations are free of charge until May 1, 2019 (end of the day at midnight US Pacific).
Any nomination received after May 1 will be charged a $100 processing fee (single payment allows multiple nominations for the same company / client). [Nominations submitted after July 1 are charged a $200 processing fee | after September 1 = $400 | after October 1 = $500 | after December 1 = $600].
First, highlight why your nomination deserves recognition. The strength of yoour nonination is most important in determining award winners. Add examples of how your product, company or individual impacts the cybersecurity industry.
You can promote your nomination page URL on Twitter, LinkedIn and your company blog so that your friends, followers, customers and prospects learn about the award opportunity and vote for you! While the number of votes is only a secondary factor in determining finalists and award winners, the more votes a nomination receives, the better the odds of receiving an award.
Another option to increase visibility for your nomination is to sponsor the Cybersecurity Excellence Awards (see details here) and place your nomination prominently at the top of the homepage and place your logo throughout the site, thereby receiving more visibility for your nomination and company.
Voting for your favorite nomination(s) is fast and easy. First, find the page showing your favorite nominee (a complete listing of all nominations can be found here).
On the nomination page, in the upper right area, you have two ways to provide votes and feedback: The easiest one is the thumbs-up “like” button. Voters can also add a comment on the nomination page, right below the thumbs-up like button. Both “likes” and comments count as votes. Approved comments are visible on the respective nomination page (we reserve the right to moderate comments and filter out spam).
To minimize voting fraud and spam, we require basic registration. As a simple anti-fraud and anti-spam security measure, the site limits votes to one vote per device, user or IP address.
Keep in mind that votes alone do not determine finalists and winners, the strength of the nomination is what’s most important (votes can, however, help to break a tie between equally strong nominations).
Voting closes January 31, 2019. Award winners and finalists will be announced in February 2019 (date to be announced).
All nominations and candidates can be found on the voting page. Simply browse through the award categories and click the candidate title links or buttons to see each nomination in detail. Click the thumbs up voting button (upper right corner of the page) to submit your vote.
The awards program first selects a group of finalists for each award category (after nominations and voting periods have ended).
The finalists are selected based on two main criteria: (1) the strength of the nomination (demonstrated leadership, excellence and results in cybersecurity, depending on the specific category); and (2) the popular votes and comments received from the cybersecurity community.
The strength of the nomination has a higher weight than the popular vote in determining finalists (in other words, a weaker nomination with many votes will typically not outperform a stronger nomination with fewer votes).
The winners in each category are selected from the group of shortlisted finalists using the same criteria outlined above.
Winners & finalists will be published on the Cybersecurity Excellence Awards site, announced to the 400,000+ member information security community on LinkedIn, and promoted to cybersecurity & tech press. Winners and finalists will also receive digital award badges to display on their websites (digital image files). There is no awards dinner or live event as this is an online program.
Custom award trophies are available upon request.
All finalists and winners will be announced in February 2019 (exact date will be announced). There is no live award ceremony or dinner – this award program is online only.