Whether you would like to nominate a cybersecurity product / service, cybersecurity company or cybersecurity professional / team, all nominations follow these 3 simple steps:
1) Select Award Category – Visit the nomination page and select the award category (company, product, professional) and sub category for your nomination. Then click the CONTINUE button.
2) Nomination Details – Next, complete the award details form to provide more details about your nomination, including achievements and justification why the nominee deserves recognition, and images of your product, team or nominated individuals. Then click the CONTINUE button.
3) Review Nomination – Next, review your nomination details and correct details, if necessary, using the GO BACK button. If everything looks fine, review the rules and guidelines, and then click the CONTINUE button. You will be directed to a confirmation page stating that your submission is now pending review by our Cybersecurity Excellence Awards staff. Click the button VIEW YOUR AWARD SUBMISSION to review your submission and make changes.
You can review the status of your award submission(s) at any time by visiting the dashboard.
Here is the list of the form fields required to submit nominations for the Cybersecurity Excellence Awards.
CYBERSECURITY PROFESSIONAL NOMINATION
– Name of nominated professional or team
– Job title of nominated professional
– Company (where nominated professional or team is working)
– Company size (employees)
– In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the professional or team in the nominated category
– In 3 bullets, summarize why this professional or team deserves recognition
– Images: Please upload images of the professional and/or team. The first image will become the featured image and is displayed larger than other, secondary images.
CYBERSECURITY PRODUCT NOMINATION
– Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service) *
– Company size (employees)
PRODUCTS / SOLUTIONS / SERVICE DETAILS
– Name of the Product / Solution / Service
– Product Version Number
– Type of solution
– Year this product or service was first introduced to the market
– Year the current version of this product or service has been released
– Approximate number of users worldwide
– In less than 300 words, summarize the most important features and benefits of this product or service
– In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service deserves recognition
– Images: Please upload your company logo and images of your product (screenshots, packaging, appliance, etc.). The first image will become the featured image and is displayed larger than other, secondary images.
– Company (that is being nominated)
– Company size (employees)
– In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category *
– In 3 bullets, summarize why this company deserves recognition
– Images: Please upload your company logo and images of your office, team, etc.). The first image will become the featured image and is displayed larger than other, secondary images.
Here are the cybersecurity categories available for nominations. Can’t find the right category for your company, professional, product or service nomination? Contact us to propose a new category.
Cybersecurity Company Categories
Cybersecurity Service Provider of the Year
Best Cybersecurity Company
Best Cybersecurity Education Provider
Best Cybersecurity Marketing Agency
Best Cybersecurity Startup
Fastest Growing Cybersecurity Company
Most Innovative Cybersecurity Company
Cybersecurity Product Categories
Advanced Persistent Threat Protection (APT)
Artificial Intelligence Security
Automotive Security (IoT)
AWS Cloud Security
Breach and Attack Simulation
Cloud Identity Governance
Communication Fraud Protection
Critical Infrastructure Security
Data Leakage Prevention (DLP)
Endpoint Detection and Response
Hybrid Cloud Security
Identity and Access Management
Identity Theft Resolution Service
Insider Threat Solution
Internet of Things Security (IoT)
Intrusion Detection & Prevention
ICS / SCADA Security
Managed Detection and Response (MDR)
Managed Security Service
Mobile Application Security
Mobile Device Management (MDM)
Mobile Security Diagnostics
Network Access Control (NAC)
Network Detection and Response
Network Traffic Analysis
Policy and User Management
Privileged Access Management
SDN / NFV Security
Secure Data Erasure
Secure File Transfer
Secure Mobile Device
Security Education Platform
Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
Single Sign-On (SSO)
Social Media Security
Threat Detection and Response
Unified Threat Management (UTM)
User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA)
Vendor Risk Management
Cybersecurity Professional Categories
Cybersecurity Consultant of the Year
Cybersecurity Educator of the Year
Cybersecurity Marketer of the Year
Cybersecurity Professional of the Year
Cybersecurity Project of the Year
Cybersecurity Team of the Year
Can’t find a suitable category for your nomination? Please contact us with your category request and we will consider it.
The number of different nominations each user can submit is not limited (as long as each nomination is unique). There is no additional charge for multiple nominations on behalf of the same company or client.
The deadline for entering your nomination(s) is December 31, 2018 at midnight US Pacific [the earlier you submit, the lower the nomination fees].
Voting closes January 31, 2019. Award winners and finalists will be announced in February 2019 (exact date to be announced).
We understand that innovative security solutions often don’t fit existing categories. Please contact the Cybersecurity Excellence Awards team if you would like us to consider adding a new category to better fit your product, solution or service nomination.
To see the approval status of your award nominations, or to make changes, visit the dashboard. You need to be a registered user and logged into the awards site with your user credentials.
After completing your nomination, you will receive a notification email confirming that your nomination is pending (please also check your spam folder). Nominations are typically approved within 24 business hours. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please contact our support team.
Submitting your nomination can be completed in less than 10 minutes provided you have the necessary information ready.
After submission, your nomination will be reviewed and are typically approved by the Cybersecurity Excellence Awards team within 24 business hours.
Early-bird award nominations are free of charge until May 1, 2018 (end of the day at midnight US Pacific).
Any nomination received after May 1 will be charged a $100 processing fee (single payment allows multiple nominations for the same company / client). [Nominations submitted after July 1 are charged a $200 processing fee | after September 1 = $400 | after October 1 = $500 ].
ACCEPTED PAYMENT METHODS
Payments are invoiced via PayPal email and can be made via credit card (if you do not have a PayPal account) or directly via PayPal (if you have a PayPal account). Here is a short video that shows how to pay with credit card (without requiring registration with PayPal): https://youtu.be/0e8Qc0eb0UY
There are four basic steps to give your nomination(s) the highest odds of winning an award:
1 – Strengthen Your Nomination(s)
First, highlight why your nomination deserves recognition. The strength of your nomination is most important in determining award winners. Add examples of how your product, company or individual impacts the cybersecurity industry in the specific category. For example, if you nominate in a fastest growing company category, provide details about the company’s growth rate, etc.
2 – Nominate in Multiple Award Categories
Nominate not only in crowded categories (such as best company) but also in product categories where there typically much fewer nominations and therefore less competition (which increases your odds of winning tremendously). Remember, you can nominate in as many categories as you like for one flat nomination fee payment. You can also propose new award categories if you feel that the existing categories may not be a perfect fit for your solution.
3 – Promote Your Award Nomination
You can promote your nomination page URL on Twitter, LinkedIn and your company blog so that your friends, followers, customers and prospects learn about the award opportunity and vote for you! While the number of votes is only a secondary factor in determining finalists and award winners (the primary factor is the strength of the nomination – votes are only used as a tie breaker for otherwise equally strong nominations).
4 – Sponsor the Cybersecurity Excellence Awards for Maximum Visibility
Another option to increase visibility for your nomination and brand is to sponsor the Cybersecurity Excellence Awards (see details here). This places your nomination prominently at the top of the homepage and your logo throughout the site, thereby receiving more visibility for your nomination and company.
Voting for your favorite nomination(s) is fast and easy. First, find the page showing your favorite nominee (a complete listing of all nominations can be found here).
On the nomination page, in the upper right area, you have two ways to provide votes and feedback: The easiest one is the thumbs-up “like” button. Voters can also add a comment on the nomination page, right below the thumbs-up like button. Both “likes” and comments count as votes. Approved comments are visible on the respective nomination page (we reserve the right to moderate comments and filter out spam).
To minimize voting fraud and spam, we require basic registration. As a simple anti-fraud and anti-spam security measure, the site limits votes to one vote per device, user or IP address.
Keep in mind that votes alone do not determine finalists and winners, the strength of the nomination is what’s most important (votes can, however, help to break a tie between equally strong nominations).
Voting closes January 31, 2019. Award winners and finalists will be announced in February 2019 (date to be announced).
All nominations and candidates can be found on the voting page. Simply browse through the award categories and click the candidate title links or buttons to see each nomination in detail. Click the thumbs up voting button (upper right corner of the page) to submit your vote.
The awards program first selects a group of finalists for each award category (after nominations and voting periods have ended).
The finalists are selected based on two main criteria: (1) the strength of the nomination (demonstrated leadership, excellence and results in cybersecurity, depending on the specific category); and (2) the popular votes and comments received from the cybersecurity community.
The strength of the nomination has a higher weight than the popular vote in determining finalists (in other words, a weaker nomination with many votes will typically not outperform a stronger nomination with fewer votes).
The winners in each category are selected from the group of shortlisted finalists using the same criteria outlined above.
Winners & finalists will be published on the Cybersecurity Excellence Awards site, announced to the 400,000+ member information security community on LinkedIn, and promoted to cybersecurity & tech press. Winners and finalists will also receive digital award badges to display on their websites (digital image files). There is no awards dinner or live event as this is an online program.
Custom award trophies are available upon request.
All finalists and winners will be announced in February 2019 (exact date will be announced). There is no live award ceremony or dinner – this award program is online only.