- Job title of nominated professional: Alt. CISO
- Company (where nominated professional or team is working): Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL), Dept. of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India
- Website: https://in.linkedin.com/in/abhinavbiswas
- Company size (employees): 4000
In 3 bullets, summarize why this professional or team deserves recognition:
- Spearheaded the implementation of Next-Generation Malware Sandboxing Systems & developed in-house malware analysis capabilities for protection of upcoming ECIL Private Cloud Infrastructure.
- Implemented context-aware Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Systems for privacy assessment and threat monitoring of end-points in ECIL's strategic R&D labs connected to National Knowledge Network (NKN), National Informatics Centre, Govt. of India.
- Lead the Establishment of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) using network-based Hardware Security Module (HSM) for secure Identity & Access Control Management and enterprise-wide implementation of X.509 V3 based custom Digital Signature Certificates towards paper-less office initiative.
- Published International Journal paper titled ‘Cybernetic modeling of Industrial Control Systems: Towards threat analysis of critical infrastructure’
- National Security Leader of the Year Award, Data Security Council of India (DSCI-NASSCOM), AISS 2016
- Winner, Top 100 InfoSec Maestros Awards 2016
- Winner, Dynamic CISO Security Excellence Awards 2016
- Elite CISO Finalist, NullCon BlackShield Awards 2016
- IBM Blue Scholar 2012
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the professional or team in the nominated category
– A technology evangelist with wide range of agile experience, starting from the days of embedded systems, moving to web & object-oriented development, followed by cyber security and then to the latest trend of cloud computing & machine learning.
– Currently, holding the role of Alt. CISO for Electronics Corporation of India limited (ECIL), a Public Sector Enterprise under Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India. He is accountable & responsible for security strategy planning, policy implementation, management of risks & threats, independent compliance reviews and implementation of new security products & technologies.
– Ethical Hacking & Countermeasures Expert (EHCE)
US Council, License EHCE05378 – August 2016
– Operational Security (OPSEC) for Control Systems, ICS-CERT
US Department of Homeland Security, May 2016
– IAEA Nuclear Security Discipline on Information & Computer Security
IAEA, License International Atomic Energy Agency, June 2016
– Certified Information Intelligence & Cyber Security Expert,
Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad, India – October 2014
– Competitive Strategy – Munich School of Management, Germany
Ludwig Maximilian University, Coursera – September 2013