- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Barracuda Networks
- Website: https://www.barracuda.com/
- Company size (employees): 1500
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Hybrid
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 10,000+
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
1. F-Series firewalls solve real-world problems – making our customer’s Local, WAN and Cloud networks more cost effective, more usable and more secure
2. The F-Series is like a Swiss Army Knife for network security and optimisation, cramming lots of functionality into an easy-to-use solution
3. Our focus on speed and agility has enabled us reach a large number of customers. There are now 45,000 active and deployed Barracuda NextGen Firewalls and this is growing at a double-digit percentage rate every year throughout Europe, the Americas and Asia
The Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series provides best-in-class security paired with comprehensive and efficient central management tools. This not only immediately improves the security posture of a business but also makes it much easier to set up and manage multiple remote locations with very few staff. Intelligent traffic management and optimisation functionality allows customers to replace expensive private leased lines with less expensive DSL or cable lines, often enabling them to shave thousands of pounds off of their monthly internet bill, while actually improving network performance!
In addition to the basic set of network security and content security features that most firewall devices now offer, we add another layer of benefits that are typically only found in WAN optimisation or uplink balancing devices. This results in cost savings on the one side, as IT teams now only need to deploy one device rather than three, and feature benefits on the other. Because our firewalls know which uplinks are available at what speed and which user is using which application, our customers have found that the F-Series optimises uplink availability better than any other solution.
Five immediate benefits of deploying the F-Series are:
1. Improved Security Posture: integrates previously disparate security functions, such as Web Filtering, Malware Protection, Email Security and Advanced Threat Detection into a single platform.
2. Full application awareness: blocks the usage of unwanted applications, controls and throttles acceptable traffic and preserves bandwidth for business-critical applications to ensure business continuity.
3. Corporate network optimisation: reduces administrative overhead through centralised management and reduce costs by better managing WAN links and bandwidth.
4. Full user-based visibility and control: facilitates policy configuration based on actual user and group information, not just IP addresses.
5. Accelerated troubleshooting: visibility into individual network flows and powerful tools to diagnose issues and maintain the network.