- Job title of nominated professional: VP of Intelligence and IT
- Company (where nominated professional or team is working): Digital Shadows
- Website: http://www.digitalshadows.com
- Company size (employees): 100 to 499
- Country: United Kingdom
- Headquarters Region: North America
In 3 bullets, summarize why this professional or team deserves recognition:
1. Becky is an integral part of Digital Shadows. Alastair Paterson, CEO and Co-founder, states, “Becky’s been a key part of the Digital Shadows team over the last 3 years, delivering the industry’s best digital risk protection service while we have doubled our client base. This success has led to Digital Shadows being named the leader in Digital Risk Protection in the Forrester Digital Risk Protection Wave as seen on our website. She’s a champion for her employees, very focused on their development and well being. Becky is inspiring to those around her and the industry in general. Her approach to giving concise, pragmatic, accurate, honest advice, feedback and mentoring has been enormously beneficial for us.”
2. She is an influencer in the Cyber Security community and a role model for women in technology. Becky won the Women in IT Awards for Security Champion of the year in 2016 and has been shortlisted for the 2019 awards. In December this year, she started a podcast, Cyber Warrior Princesses, which dives into popular topics in cyber security. In September, she cofounded WEDS – Women Empowering Diversity in Startups. WEDS is a network founded by women in startups who believe that diversity and inclusion of all kinds are essential and drive happiness and success in the workplace. In addition, Becky is also a co-author of the Syngress books “Nmap in the Enterprise” and “Intrusion Prevention and Active Response, Deploying Network and Host IPS.” At Digital Shadows, Becky launched Digital Shadows’ Women’s Network this summer which is a key part of Digital Shadows’ broader diversity initiative, encouraging more women into the cyber security industry. Below are a number prestigious interviews Becky has been featured on recently:
3. Becky lives and breathes cyber security. To quote Becky, “I do security because I love it.” Twitter: @beckypinkard
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the professional or team in the nominated category
Becky Pinkard, VP of Intelligence and IT at Digital Shadows, is a renowned practitioner and commentator on the infosec sector, who has been working in information technology since 1996. A security transformation expert, Becky has built and managed global security teams, designed risk and compliance strategies, led security audits and assessments, and developed security awareness training in small and large environments. She was a SANS Certified Instructor for 15 years and has served as a GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst advisory board member on the Strategic Advisory Council for the Center of Internet Security. Becky has shared her expertise in numerous publications, both written and in live interviews globally, including: The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, ChannelPost, The Telegraph, The New York Times, BBC News, Channel 4 News.
Becky leads the Digital Shadows Threat Intelligence team of over 35 analysts who speak over 20 languages, work to secure both Digital Shadows and all our 200+ clients across the largest financial services, technology, healthcare, retail, and transportation across the globe. It is Becky’s team that protects our customers against cyber threats and digital risks including data loss, brand exposure and infrastructure risks. Under her management, our threat intelligence analysts verify automated incidents, remove false positives, conduct further research, add context, and assign a severity level. Becky has been an integral part in not only the growth of Digital Shadows but the founding of the Digital Shadows Women’s Network which officially launched in June of 2018, with the goal: To promote inclusivity and diversity to create equal opportunities within and outside Digital Shadows. Becky is passionate about security, women in security and bringing awareness to both, “She is a great advocate for what she is passionate about, her enthusiasm is second to none,” states her direct report, Craig Ellis, Head of Cyber Security & IT.