- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Blue Ridge Networks
- Website: http://www.blueridgenetworks.com
- Company size (employees): 10 to 49
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Hardware
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• The BorderGuard suite of products stands apart in how it protects companies from sophisticated cyber threats. Organizations today rely on network connected devices and systems that monitor and control physical equipment and processes. From temperature sensors at water plants to sophisticated SCADA systems on manufacturing lines, the borders between operational technology (OT) and information technology (IT) are blurring. The problem is that OT systems were never intended to be connected to the Internet, making these an easy access point for targeted and often undetectable attacks. Most enterprise IT security solutions are ineffective at preventing attacks from penetrating networks before the damage is done, leaving organizations scrambling to handle remediation. BorderGuard® works differently, by creating trusted and isolated enclaves that contain and protect critical operations, adding a virtual security layer over existing network infrastructure. This drastically reduces the attack surface, prevents unauthorized access, and contains network sessions for remote sites, users, and Industrial IoT (IIoT) devices.
• Traditional network security has focused on protecting trusted enterprise networks from potentially untrusted external devices. Blue Ridge Networks protects from the outside in, complementing existing solutions and other security technology. That is, only pre-authenticated endpoints are authorized to access the secure enclaves. BorderGuard-enabled endpoints uphold policies to ensure that nothing can leave or enter the secure enclave, avoiding the risk of malware or data theft. All communications are transmitted through cryptographically authenticated tunnels that secure the path from devices to protected servers. These enclaves create an invisible infrastructure that hides network devices and systems from the public, reducing the attack surface by making adversaries unaware of the devices’ existence.
• BorderGuard enables secure, irrefutable access to enclaved networks, while maintaining multi-layer isolation from other networks and endpoint PCs/devices used for access. This ensures that remote users, both internal and external, can securely access necessary enterprise networks.
Blue Ridge Networks is a cybersecurity pioneer that has provided network breach prevention, secure access, and endpoint security solutions since the dawn of the Internet. For more than twenty years, the company has protected critical operations for many of the largest government, financial, critical infrastructure, and healthcare customers where breaches are not an option. For example, BorderGuard solutions have been deployed at a Port Authority, as a critical component of its security infrastructure, since 2001.
Many security experts agree that potential cyber-attacks to our nation’s critical infrastructure pose the greatest threat to our country. BorderGuard is in place at many of the nation’s most high-value targets, to help maintain the integrity of infrastructure such as communications networks, financial institutions, manufacturing supply chains, transportation networks, power grids, and healthcare services.
The company’s cybersecurity solutions are different by design. Its products seamlessly incorporate hardware and software-based security to keep clients’ critical operations and devices isolated and contained while preventing attacks from penetrating networks and endpoints in the first place. Because Blue Ridge’s solutions use an overlay approach, they are compatible with most other network security and secure access solutions, enabling a true defense in depth cybersecurity posture.
This year, Blue Ridge Networks contributed its endpoint security line of business to a joint venture for cash and significant equity, enabling the company to accelerate the development of game-changing network infrastructure security solutions with a focus on financial, healthcare, government facilities, critical infrastructure markets. To support these efforts, Blue Ridge Networks significantly increased its sales, marketing, and engineering staff.
Blue Ridge Networks will continue developing its technology to maintain the highest possible level of assurance. In the 20 years since the company’s inception, its military-grade products have never been breached. Not once.