- Job title of nominated professional: CEO
- Company (where nominated professional or team is working): Kaapagam Group ( Kaapagam Tech & Kaapagam Education Services )
- Website: http://www.kaapagamtech.com/
- Company size (employees): 10 to 49
- Country: Malaysia
- Headquarters Region: Asia
In 3 bullets, summarize why this professional or team deserves recognition:
Clement Arul has been an active Cybersecurity Evangelist, Educator and outreach personnel with following notable contributions :
- Created Certification courses in Big Data Security, IoT Security, Penetration testing, Digital Forensics, Secure Coding, Network Security and Mobile security. These courses are taken by students across ASEAN through training partners like Trainocate (Global Knowledge), New Horizons, DataCom, Portcullis Technologies, and many more.
- Created KALAM, A Cybersecurity Collaboration platform and launched it in Taylors University, KDU University, and MSU University students creating a vibrant platform for students to learn and innovate in cybersecurity.
- Presented in more than 75 public conferences and Talks in last Year and more than 500+ in last 5 Years across ASEAN
- Created a Security Awareness Certification under KALAM and have trained and certified 3500 people across ASEAN including Singapore, Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia, Indonesia in the last year.
- THR Raaga Malaysia FM Radio Security Awareness Talk on Social Media & Cyber Attacks & Defences for public : For the entire Nation
- ASTRO Malaysia Vanavil TV : Vizhithugal 15 mins slot for 13 capsules (days) on various cyber security awareness topics and DO's and Dont's for general public : Nationwide Indian Audience
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the professional or team in the nominated category
A Principal Technology Architect & Security Professional with Twenty (20) years of IT experience in Security, Ethical Hacking, Cyber Security Framework, Security Risk & Governance, Systems Analysis, Design, Development, Secure Coding, Implementation, Digital Forensics and Project Management.
Founder, CEO of Kaapagam Technologies and Kaapagam Education Services. Chief Technology Officer for Regional Security Operation Centre by Vigilant Asia. A Security Consultant for many Multi-National and leading IT companies in APAC region. A Frequent Speaker in Security Event in APAC.
Recipient of following National and APAC Individual Awards :
1. Cyber Security Professional of the Year 2017 APAC, awarded by Cyber Security Excellence Awards, USA
2. Cyber Security Professional of the Year 2017, awarded in Cyber Security Awards, Govt of Malaysia
3. Cyber Security Professional of the Year 2014, awarded in Cyber Security Awards, Govt of Malaysia
Recipient of following National and APAC Company Awards:
1. Top 25 Cyber Security Company in APAC by CIO Outlook
2. Cyber Security Innovation of the Year 2016, awarded in Cyber Security Awards 2016 by CSM
3. Cyber Security Training Provider of the Year 2014, awarded in Cyber Security 2014 by CSM