- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Comodo
- Website: http://www.enterprise.comodo.com
- Company size (employees): 1,000 to 4,999
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: Enterprise seat licenses 500,000+; total number of consumer seat licenses 85 million
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
Gartner EPP Magic Quadrant
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Improved endpoint security including application control and Secure Auto Containment that enables Comodo AEP to determine whether applications/files are known good or bad and place unknown files/applications automatically into containment where they run in a secure container until they can be verdicted.
• New management functionality including remote monitoring (remote desktop) enabling IT staff to save time and money by remotely diagnosing and resolving endpoint security and management issues.
• File-less malware containment enables Comodo AEP to stop advanced malware that uses command line parsers (Windows commands, Python, PERL) to directly modify memory rather than a conventional file.
Malware is proliferating at an incredible rate, more than an estimated 500,000 pieces per day. Ransomware, exemplified recently by WannaCry, receives perhaps the most public attention and concern.
These are still problems because current endpoint protection platforms are failing, and on a large scale. The many reasons why can be summarized into one overarching weakness: most current solutions have default allow architectures that fail to stop applications and executables that contain new, unknown threats.
New approaches to protect against the ransomware scourge have evolved, seeking to expedite the identification of unknown malware and zero-day exploits.
Comodo’s Advanced Endpoint Protection (AEP) utilizes a Default Deny platform to provide complete protection against zero-day threats, while having no impact on end-user experience or workflows.
Containment in a secure environment of all unknown, untrusted processes and applications allows safe applications the freedom to run while denying malware the system access they require to deliver their payloads. As the largest certificate authority brand in the world, we are uniquely positioned to identify known good software publishers and applications, while our installed base of more than 85 million users provides the Comodo Threat Research Labs with one of the largest caches of known bad files. Our global product development and malware research team has security professionals working 24x7x365 worldwide to ensure that unknown files are rapidly identified before they are able to cause damage.