- Website: https://www.cybrary.it/
- Company size (employees): 6
- Country: United States
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Cybrary is helping to educate and strengthen the knowledge of cybersecurity professionals by providing free cybersecurity training classes to anyone anywhere, whether they are just starting out on a cybersecurity career or they are an experienced professional. The company believes that cybersecurity education is a right for those who wish to pursue it, not a privilege. Cybersecurity training can be as much as $5,000 for a one-week class. Providing free education eliminates financial barriers, allowing anyone to learn from and engage with the cybersecurity community.
• Cybrary plays an active role in combating the increasing global shortage of cybersecurity professionals. The demand for skilled cybersecurity professionals is growing four times faster than the overall IT job market, and 12 times faster than the total labor market. Currently, there are more than a million open job postings for cybersecurity positions around the world. By removing training costs and building the world’s largest community of cybersecurity talent, Cybrary will increase the supply side of the jobs market, bring employers and talent together, and ultimately help eradicate the cybersecurity talent shortage.
• Cybrary is making companies around the world more secure. Cybrary created and offers an End User Security Awareness training course, available to any company, which addresses business continuity, incident response, secure coding, and much more. Cybrary’s End User Security Awareness training course helps organizations mitigate the primary threat that their networks and data protection strategy face, their employee’s usage. This course equips company employees with best practices surrounding organizational security and data protection. Both conceptual and procedural lessons are implemented so that employees are aware of security threats and trained on how to react to them.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
Founded in January, 2015, Cybrary is the world’s first and only no-cost cybersecurity massive open online course (MOOC) provider. Cybrary’s mission is to provide anyone, anywhere with free resources to learn and grow in cybersecurity; its training is designed to help people start a career in the field, or advance in their current cybersecurity position. Since launching, Cybrary has become the largest cybersecurity community on the Internet with more than 300,000 users from more than 160 countries, outpacing Github, Twitter, Tumblr, and other Unicorn startups in its first 10 months of user growth. Among Cybrary’s many achievements are: the building a talent-jobs platform designed to meet the demand for skilled cybersecurity professionals; a pilot program with Women in Technology and Cornerstone which utilizes Cybrary’s enterprise training platform to help advance women and girls in the cybersecurity industry; the creation of an educational training platform that helps K-12 and higher education educators plan, manage, and monitor IT and cybersecurity curriculum; and an enterprise security training platform that assists organizations in providing and managing courses and training programs for their employees, including end-user security awareness. Cybrary also launched a mobile app that allows users with limited Web access in developing countries to learn cybersecurity skills on the go. It continues to be one of the most popular cybersecurity training apps on the market. Last August, Cybrary closed a round of seed funding with to help foster community growth and develop additional course content. Cybrary continues to train an average of 125,000 people per month on the most in-demand, cutting-edge training courses in cybersecurity, and more than 1,500 new users joining the MOOC each day.