- Job title of nominated professional: Chief Marketing Officer
- Company (where nominated professional or team is working): Digital Shadows
- Website: http://www.digitalshadows.com
- Company size (employees): 100 to 499
- Country: United States
- Headquarters Region: North America
In 3 bullets, summarize why this professional or team deserves recognition:
1. Dan is an integral part of Digital Shadows. Alastair Paterson, CEO and Co-founder, states, “Dan’s been a transformative marketing leader for Digital Shadows. Over the last two years his team has massively increased our key company metrics including boosting our meeting numbers by 211%, website visitors by 272% and social media engagement by 264%. On top of that, his small team consistently punch above their weight. The team has executed brilliantly, including running the biggest party in town at RSA and one of the biggest at Black Hat. He goes above and beyond outside his immediate remit, taking it on himself to help other teams and getting in the trenches with his team, e.g. taking his turn with his team, standing holding a ‘Digital Shadows this way’ sign by the elevators at a recent conference. Dan’s a pleasure to work with and very deserving of this award.”
2. Dan brings his expertise to his team and is constantly pushing the team to be their best. He listens to the needs of the sales, customer success, product teams with open ears, willing to jump in and help. VP of Marketing, Anna Jensen, states “Dan leads by example, always willing to pitch in and get his hands dirty to get the job done. He is fearless and drives an aggressive marketing program that has helped our organization capitalize on every dollar spent to grow the business.”
3. Dan led the initiative that ended with Digital Shadows being named a leader in The Forrester New Wave™: Digital Risk Protection Q3 2018 that can be viewed on our website http://www.digitalshadows.com. On behalf of our customers who were interviewed by Forrester, Digital Shadows and our Digital Risk Protection service “SearchLight” was recognized as “The Leader” and named strongest in current offering, strategy, and market presence.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the professional or team in the nominated category
Dan Lowden, Chief Marketing Officer at Digital Shadows, is responsible for the company’s marketing and brand leadership initiatives at both the strategic and tactical level focusing on demand generation, strategic partnerships, channel, and digital marketing, content creation, public relations, analyst relations, corporate communications, and VIP event marketing to accelerate the company’s industry leadership in Digital Risk Protection.
Dan has more than 20 years of executive-level experience in technology marketing. He has successfully driven demand generation and brand leadership for large enterprises and startups in security, mobile computing, wireless services, enterprise software, and cloud. Previously, Dan was Chief Marketing Officer at Invincea, a machine learning next-gen antivirus company that was recently acquired by Sophos. Prior to that, he was VP of Marketing at vArmour, a leading data center and cloud security company. Previous roles also include VP of Marketing at Digby (acquired by Phunware), and VP of Marketing and Business Development at Wayport (acquired by AT&T). In addition, he has marketing leadership positions at IBM, NEC, and Sharp Electronics. He has deep experience in team leadership, planning, working across disciplines, setting and achieving objectives, budget management, and problem solving. Dan holds a Bachelor of Science in Finance from Rider University and a MBA in International Business from Rutgers Graduate School of Management.