- Job title of nominated professional: Chief Executive Officer
- Company (where nominated professional or team is working): PECB
- Website: https://pecb.com/
- Company size (employees): 100 to 499
- Country: Canada
- Headquarters Region: North America
In 3 bullets, summarize why this professional or team deserves recognition:
1. Being one of the pioneers and strongest promoters of Information Security and Cybersecurity management systems according to internationally accepted principles including ISO, GDPR, and other state regulations.
2. Leading a global company in providing qualitative and affordable education with accredited certification in Information Security to more than 15,000 professionals worldwide.
3. Being one of the most experienced and highly rated educator as a Professor, Trainer, and Consultant for fortune 1,000 clients and companies seeking to advance Information Security knowledge.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the professional or team in the nominated category
Eric has over 20 years of experience managing information security for organizations around the world. He has worked in North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa and Asia, auditing and training thousands of executives from Fortune 1,000 companies. Before founding PECB, Eric was Senior Director for Sales and Distribution at Callio Technologies, an ISO 27001 solutions developer. Under Eric’s leadership, Callio’s distribution network increased tenfold, reaching all continents and helping position Callio as a world leader in ISO 27001 software tools. In a prior life, Eric was a Business Administration teacher for an international university with schools all over Asia. He also has extensive experience as a trainer and an educator for various training courses related to Information Security for companies all across the globe.
He holds the following credentials: ISO 27001 Lead Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) and Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP).
Finally, Eric is the co-founder of PECB, a globally accredited certification body offering education and evaluation services in various fields.