Jakanath Shanmogam Sundaram
Promote this Nomination
Jakanath Shanmogam Sundaram
|Job title of nominated professional (or team name)||SOC & Services Manager|
|Company (where nominated professional or team is working)||Cybertronium Sdn. Bhd.|
|Company size (employees)||10 to 49|
In 3 bullets, summarize why this professional or team deserves recognition:
• Team Lead for Monitoring and Incident Response for Cyber threat for Infrastructure, Application and ATMs for International Bank operated in 70 Countries. Experienced in Threat Intelligence, Threat Hunting, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR), Malware Sandbox, Malware Reverse Engineering, Digital Forensics, and Incident Handling.
• Jakanath built an Open-Source Cyber Range Environment with Real time attack simulation and develop use-case for Incident response playbook for all the known and upcoming cyber threats. He has worked in many government Penetration testing projects and digital forensic cases under Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission. He specializes in technology infrastructure security, security policies, compliance, audit security and awareness of users. Jakanath lead the research and development of an integrated real-time simulated ethical hacking toolkit with interactive gamification capabilities and cyber security educational platform indexed and published by ACM Status:(https://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=3168397)
• Course Content Author for the following cybersecurity courses: Red Team Certification, Certified Advanced Penetration testing, Certified Mobile Penetration (Android and IOS), Windows Forensic and Linux Forensic. These courses are taken by students across ASEAN. He is a cyber security knowledge contributor and share his tips and skills at Cybertron (formerly known as KALAM), A Cybersecurity Collaboration platform, which utilize by student from Taylors University, KDU University, and MSU University.
A Security Professional with experience in several areas including: network threat protection, SOC design and implementation, Microsoft Azure & AWS cloud security, Cyber threat intelligence, Mobile security, disaster recovery/business continuity planning, IT Strategy, IT Program Management, Requirements Planning, IT Architecture, Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing, SIEM, PIM/ PAM, Network Security, DLP, IT Strategy, IT Security and Governance, Risk Assessment and Management, Ethical Hacking, and ITIL standards based advisory services.
• Build and Operate Security Operation Centre and implement all components of automated operations.
• Define and implement controls to compliance with SOX, PCI, and ISO 27001.
• Performing risk assessments and testing of data processing systems
• Developing and interpreting policies, procedures and strategies governing the planning and delivery of services throughout the agency.
• Developing methods to monitor and measure project risk, compliance and assurance efforts.
• Conducting security assessments through vulnerability testing and risk analysis
• Performing both internal and external security audits
• Mobile Penetration testing (Android and IOS)
• Experience with unit testing and automated testing tools
• Solid knowledge and experience in projects related to the implementation and improvement of a quality management systems and information security
• Plan, convene and deliver security training courses and workshops for government agency, private corporation and university
• Build and develop course certification: Red Team Certification, Windows Forensic and Linux Forensic
• Forensics investigator (Windows and Linux)
• Malware Forensic (Reverse engineering)
• Information Security Governance
• Cloud Computing Security
• IT Risk Management & Audit
• Cyber Risk Strategy & Management
• Data Privacy & Protection
• Web Application penetrations Testing
• Infrastructure penetration Testing
• IT Operation Risk Management and Development of IT Risk register
• Network and Perimeter Security Architecture Review, Design & Implementation
• Network penetration testing and vulnerability assessments
• Review, Architecture and implement Antivirus, Intrusion Prevention System, Log aggregation & Monitoring and Identity and access management solutions
• Security Process Design