Promote this Nomination
|Job title of nominated professional (or team name)||Co-founder and CTO|
|Company (where nominated professional or team is working)||Prevoty|
|Company size (employees)||10 to 49|
|Headquarters Region||North America|
In 3 bullets, summarize why this professional or team deserves recognition:
• Growing a technology start-up in a new enterprise security category means being able to see trends before our own customers can see them. Kunal has the ability to understand customer challenges from their side before they realize what is really hurting them, while solving their pains with breakthrough innovative approaches.
• He managed to build a core team of application security professionals who thrive on solving the most difficult application security challenges with honest, real world solutions. Kunal will never tell a customer, prospect or our marketing team that he has a solution to a problem before it’s been intensively tried and tested. Our customers all appreciate that transparency. It allows Kunal and our entire team to operate hand in hand with our customers to solve their challenges together through a trusted relationship.
• This unique ability to solve complex problems and address customer needs, combined with the highest level of integrity, make Kunal a very exceptional CTO and team leader. He continues to develop the unique security technologies that power Prevoty’s core products.
An innovator in the emerging Autonomous Application Protection or RASP (Runtime Application Self Protection) industry, Kunal Anand co-founded Prevoty in 2013 along with Julien Bellanger who is the company’s CEO. Before joining Prevoty, Kunal was the Director of Technology at the BBC Worldwide, overseeing engineering and operations across the company’s global Digital Entertainment and Gaming initiatives. Kunal also led security, data and engineering at Gravity, MySpace and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory. It was in those organizations where he identified the critical need for stronger application security at runtime in production, and hence Prevoty was born.
Putting into real world practice a theory called Language Theoretical Security or “LangSec,” Kunal has been able to single-handedly drive the rise of Autonomous Application Protection – real-time visibility and protection for critical applications and data via Runtime Application Self Protection (RASP). LangSec was deemed impossible to implement as part of a commercial product by most technologists but Kunal managed to innovate on the theory to create a completely different way of analyzing application based inputs and events.
Kunal recognized early at MySpace that securing applications and services against the exponential number of untrusted inputs businesses transact with meant that the industry needed more than the traditional heuristics, signatures or behavior based models.
Along the way Kunal filed and obtained several patents fundamental to Prevoty IP portfolio.
Recent milestones include:
• Kunal was recently voted Best Presentation at the prestigious 2017 FinDEVr Conference
• The Prevoty product developed by Kunal was shortlisted as a finalist for Best Web Application Solution in the 2017 SC Awards
• Prevoty was a Gold winner of the 2017 Global Excellence Awards for Best Web Application Solution, and was recognized for its cutting-edge solution in the categories of Most Innovative Security (Software) of the Year and Companies with Tomorrow’s Technology Today
• Prevoty was a finalist for the 2016 RSA Conference Innovation Sandbox