- Job title of nominated professional: CEO
- Company (where nominated professional or team is working): Bomgar
- Website: https://www.bomgar.com
- Company size (employees): 100 to 499
- Country: United States
- Headquarters Region: North America
In 3 bullets, summarize why this professional or team deserves recognition:
• Matt is a champion of enabling security and IT professionals to securely access nearly any device or system, anywhere in the world. He is dedicated to enabling organizations to fight cyber threats and speed business performance. He is an advocate for furthering the availability of privileged access, to allow people to do their jobs effectively as the number of privileged users is growing exponentially.
• This year proved to be a tremendously successful fruition of Matt’s vision and business acumen – in February he led Bomgar’s acquisition of established privileged identity solution provider Lieberman Software, followed by the sale of the expanded company by Thoma Bravo to Francisco Partners, both noted technology private equity firms.
• Bomgar has been recognized by the Inc. 5000 every year for the past 9 years, and with Matt at the helm are anticipating the 10-year anniversary of this achievement in 2018.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the professional or team in the nominated category
Matt has more than 25 years of experience in the security software industry with roles encompassing product strategy, product management, engineering, sales, marketing, and corporate development. As CEO of Bomgar, he is responsible for the company’s long-term market and product development strategy and leads the company’s day-to-day operations. He also guides Bomgar’s unique culture that is centered on integrity, transparency, respect, and innovation.
When Matt joined Bomgar as CEO in 2014, the company’s offerings consisted of a single product—software designed to remotely access and troubleshoot end-users’ computers, servers and mobile devices. A little more than two years later, Bomgar expanded to three distinct products, while advancing into a new security product space known as Privileged Access Management. Today they are on a growth trajectory to lead this important market. Bomgar is headquartered in Atlanta with offices in Austin, Jackson, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Frankfurt, London, Paris, and Singapore.
Prior to becoming CEO of Bomgar in 2014, Matt was the Vice President and General Manager of Service Support Products at BMC software, joining BMC through the acquisition of Numara Software in February 2012 where he was Vice President of Products since 2008. Before Numara, Matt served as General Manager of the Server Virtualization Business at Quest Software.
Previously, he was President of Full Armor Corporation, a start-up he helped transform from a single-product business into a highly-scalable multi-product, multi-channel corporation.
Matt served as Senior Vice President of Products & Markets at NetIQ Corp, where he established the company’s security business unit. He was also General Manager for the Web Products Group and Director of Worldwide Product Management at Citrix Systems. A Midwesterner, Matt holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Iowa.
- Vote For This Nomination