Mimecast for Financial Services
Promote this Nomination
Mimecast for Financial Services
|Company size (employees)||1,000 to 4,999|
|Type of solution||Cloud/SaaS|
To serve their customers and work with their ecosystem of business partners, financial services companies need to transmit and store vast amounts of personally identifiable information (PII) and other sensitive content, and most rely on email as a primary mode of communication. Knowing this, cybercriminals are targeting financial organizations with an unprecedented volume and variety of email-borne threats, including ransomware, social engineering, phishing attacks and impersonation schemes. Without a strong email security strategy in place, these organizations risk exposing clients’ PII and being subject to financial fines, reputation loss and other consequences associated with cyberattacks.
Mimecast provides financial services organizations with pervasive protection against email- and Web-borne malware, malicious URLs and attachments, spear-phishing and impersonation attacks launched by cybercriminals, nation states and hacktivists. Including:
• A pervasive security strategy to protect at, inside, and beyond the customer’s perimeter to defend against malicious and careless actors;
• Prevention of inadvertent or deliberate data leaks and protection of valuable information in transit;
• Protection against malicious or inappropriate web activity; and
• Reduced cyber risk with awareness training that helps financial organizations protect their employees, intellectual property and customer data.
In addition to being highly targeted by cybercriminals, financial services companies also are highly regulated and brand dependent, which is why Mimecast also offers:
• Brand protection by preventing malicious internal breaches, credential theft and domain impersonation; and
• Immutable cloud archive solutions, data retention policies, and reliable e-Discovery access for compliance with industry regulations.
Financial services organizations rely on Mimecast to help them defend against cyberattacks, protect their reputation, and comply with data protection regulations.
With Mimecast, financial services organizations get a partner with a global 24x7x365 presence (not just a security vendor) dedicated to helping them build a strong cybersecurity, compliance and cyber resilience strategy.
Example case study: https://www.mimecast.com/resources/case-studies/financial-services-leader/
How we are different
• Mimecast’s true cloud architecture helps financial institutions reduce both operating and capital expenses, while dramatically improving their performance and ability to scale and enhancing their email security and archiving posture.
• In addition to outstanding email protection, Mimecast also partners with the world’s best security vendors to build an industry-leading cyber resilience ecosystem, which now has more than 70 API integration partners, including CrowdStrike, ServiceNow, Palo Alto Networks and Rapid7. Each integration is designed to allow organizations to gain greater insights into their threat landscape, reducing complexity, minimizing risk, and improving threat detection and response times. Learn more about the open platform here: https://www.mimecast.com/products/api-and-the-tech-connect-ecosystem/.
• Mimecast keeps customers protected and happy: “The more you use Mimecast, the more you realize what you can do with it. We are able to deploy multiple layers of impersonation protection and anti-spoofing protection as we mature with the product, and, the level of granularity with policies lets us do things we just couldn’t do before. Mimecast runs without interruption – it’s much more reliable than previous products in its space. Our people have been very happy with the whole Mimecast ecosystem. It’s very intuitive and easy to use – which for them, is every bit as important as reliability.”
Al Faella - CTO, Prospect Capital Management (https://www.mimecast.com/resources/case-studies/Prospect-Capital/)
Additional resource: “How U.S. Hospitals and Health Systems Approach Email Security” (https://www.mimecast.com/resources/white-papers/how-us-hospitals-and-healthcare-organizations-approach-email-security/)
Additional resource: “IDG Marketpulse for Financial Services: Compliance Is More Critical Than Ever” (https://www.mimecast.com/resources/white-papers/idg-marketpulse-for-financial-services--compliance-is-more-critical-than-ever/)