Mimecast for State and Local Government
Promote this Nomination
Mimecast for State and Local Government
|Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service)||Mimecast|
|Company size (employees)||1,000 to 4,999|
|Type of solution||Cloud/SaaS|
|Approximate number of users worldwide||As an organization, Mimecast supports more than 39,000 organizations worldwide.|
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Mimecast’s true cloud architecture helps government agencies reduce both operating and capital expenses, while dramatically improving their performance and ability to scale and enhancing their email security and archiving posture. “The features and functionality from Mimecast allow me to quickly, at a glance, see possible incoming threats and quickly and efficiently monitor our email during threat occurrences. Mimecast is also always fine-tuning their features to stay a step ahead. The cost versus the benefit provided a lot of value to our organization.” - Ronald Barret, Chief Information Officer, City of Marietta GA and Marietta Board of Lights and Water
• In addition to outstanding email protection, Mimecast also partners with the world’s best security vendors to build an industry-leading cyber resilience ecosystem, which now has more than 70 API integration partners, including CrowdStrike, ServiceNow, Palo Alto Networks and Rapid7. Each integration is designed to allow organizations to gain greater insights into their threat landscape, reducing complexity, minimizing risk, and improving threat detection and response times. Learn more about the open platform here: https://www.mimecast.com/products/api-and-the-tech-connect-ecosystem/.
• Mimecast combines its one-of-a-kind email security solution with world-class training and support. Mimecast Security Awareness Training combines video content with tactical security tests to help organizations across all industries reduce security risks associated with employee human error, which causes 90%+ of breaches.
Government agencies serve as the guardians of public trust, which means they have a responsibility to secure citizen data and other sensitive information, while safeguarding the communities they serve. Today, many local governments are trying to do this with limited cybersecurity budgets. These budgetary constraints, in combination with limited IT resources, prevent many organizations from implementing security solutions at a scale and pace required to adequately protect them from today’s evolving cyberthreat landscape.
Mimecast helps government agencies overcome these distinct challenges by providing an affordable, multi-layered email security solution that empowers customers to defend against email-borne and web-based threats, including phishing, social engineering, brand impersonation, ransomware and Business Email Compromise (BEC) attacks, executed by criminal hackers, hacktivists, insiders and foreign states. Not only does this keep citizen data secure, but it ensures maximum system uptime, so both the public and government employees can access information, pay bills and update services quickly and seamlessly.
State and local government agencies trust Mimecast for cyber resilience. With Mimecast, customers can:
• Dramatically reduce the risk of sophisticated attacks including phishing, ransomware weaponized attachments, and malicious URLs;
• Reduce the burden on strained IT staff through Mimecast’s single pane of glass for email security, web security, archiving and continuity;
• Keep services running and quickly restore data when attacks do happen;
• Align budgetary constraints with an affordable, predictable cost of ownership;
• Empower employees with security awareness knowledge, making them an asset in protecting against cyberattacks; and
• Store data with the assurance and confidence that it is protected at Federal standards – located entirely on U.S. soil and staffed with U.S. Citizens.
Government agencies get a partner with a global 24x7x365 presence (not just a security vendor) dedicated to helping them build a strong cybersecurity and cyber resilience strategy.
Example case study: https://www.mimecast.com/resources/case-studies/city-of-seguin/
Supporting white paper: https://www.mimecast.com/resources/white-papers/osterman-research-cybersecurity-in-government/