- Job title of nominated professional: Co-Founder and VP of Research and Development
- Company (where nominated professional or team is working): ReSec Technologies
- Website: http://www.resec.co
- Company size (employees): 20
In 3 bullets, summarize why this professional or team deserves recognition:
• Oren led the effort within the industry to change the notion of detection to prevention through the introduction and acceptance of the novel approach of Content Disarm and Reconstruction Technology, that is now featured by several other security companies including Check Point and Symantec.
• Oren was CTO and R&D manager of OPSWAT Israel for 4 years. Managed several security products (AppRemover, MetaScan, parts of OESIS) and integrations with large customers such as Microsoft UAG, Juniper SA, and Insightix.
• Oren has been instrumental in the growth of CDR, from its acknowledgment by Gartner as a groundbreaking approach to cybersecurity to the awards that ReSec has won including being named a CRN Emerging Tech Vendor 2016 and a Dark Reading Emerging Israeli Cybersecurity Firm 2016.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the professional or team in the nominated category
Oren is the main technological driving force behind ReSec with more than 20 years of software engineering, network security and cyber defense systems experience. This expertise has allowed him to create the patented Content Disarm and Reconstruction (CDR) technology that the ReSecure platform is based on. Oren Shnitzer co-founded ReSec Technologies and now serves as the VP of Research and Development.
At ReSec, he uses his expertise to provide excellent customer serve, ensuring that ReSec’s customer’s accounts are up-to-date and that no issue goes unresolved. In addition, Oren provides excellent team leadership as he leads the R&D team to create security products that keep ReSec’s customers safe from known and unknown cybersecurity threats.
Oren is well regarded by his peers in the security community, with more than 20 years of management experience in software engineering at several leading companies. Prior to co-founding Re-Sec, Oren served as CTO and R&D manager of OPSWAT Israel, where he was responsible for the development of several security products (AppRemover, MetaScan, parts of OESIS), as well as integrations with large customers such as Microsoft UAG, Cisco, Juniper SA and F5. Oren holds B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees in Computer Science from the Israel Institute of Technology (Technion).