- Website: https://www.protectwise.com/
- Company size (employees): 50 - 99
- Country: United States
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• 451 Research Analysts Wendy Nather and Adrian Sanabria called ProtectWise’s UI “light-years beyond the state of the art.”
• The ProtectWise Grid, provides a pervasive view of the network, layered with refined analytics and a clear interface that enables high-performance threat hunting and accelerated incident response, and retrospective analysis of newly-identified threats that are discovered by the industry long after they have penetrated multiple enterprise networks.
• ProtectWise has had three venture capital rounds since it was founded in April 2013, totaling $42 million from firms including Trinity and CrossLink and was named to Network World's list of "10 Security Start-Ups to Watch."
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
ProtectWise was founded in 2013 by CEO Scott Chasin and CTO Gene Stevens, cybersecurity industry veterans with deep expertise in enterprise security, SaaS and cloud. Their solution, the ProtectWise Grid, provides a pervasive view of the network, layered with refined analytics and a clear interface that enables high-performance threat hunting and accelerated incident response, and retrospective analysis of newly-identified threats that are discovered by the industry long after they have penetrated multiple enterprise environments. This unique approach to SaaS leverages the concept of unlimited visibility by harnessing the power of the cloud, giving security teams the strategic advantage to stop attacks before they reach their goal.
Scott and Gene have also committed to thinking outside of the box when it comes to hiring talent to help realize their vision of revolutionizing how organizations approach cybersecurity. For example, Chasin and Stevens hired Digital Domain’s Jake Sargeant, an animated graphics designer for the Hollywood sci-fi blockbusters “TRON: Legacy,” “Oblivion” and “Terminator Salvation,” to design the Grid’s user interface. The innovative experience of the ProtectWise Grid’s UI makes it a powerful tool that is intuitive for security and IT operations staff to use. The TRON-like user experience appeals to next-gen IT/IS professionals who grew up playing video games, giving ProtectWise customers a competitive edge with hiring and retention. Future versions will usher in the latest in immersive technologies.
Growth for the company was highlighted this past March when Momentum Partners included ProtectWise in their selection of the forty companies to watch on their annual Watch List (selected from the 1,500+ cybersecurity companies they track globally). Most recently, ProtectWise launched a conflict-free 100 percent channel business model to maximize deal opportunities and revenues for its partners, with Fishtech Labs, GuidePoint Security and Optiv serving as anchor partners for the program.