- Job title of nominated professional: Chief Executive Officer
- Company (where nominated professional or team is working): GreyCastle Security
- Website: http://www.greycastlesecurity.com
- Company size (employees): 10 - 49
- Country: United States
In 3 bullets, summarize why this professional or team deserves recognition:
* Reg is a nationally-recognized speaker and has presented at countless industry events, including BSides, ISSA, ISC2, ISACA, ASIS, DHS and InfraGard. Reg's successes have been featured in leading industry journals, including Software Magazine, ComputerWorld and InfoWorld. Reg is a contributor to numerous security publications and has co-authored several books on cybersecurity awareness.
* Reg is responsible for defining and executing the company's vision. Reg has led the organization to four consecutive years of triple-digit growth while establishing GreyCastle Security as a highly-respected thought leader. Under Reg's leadership, GreyCastle Security was nominated for Albany Business Review's Best Places to Work in consecutive years.
* Reg brings a thought-provoking perspective to the industry and strives to promote awareness, security "thinking" and practical application of security fundamentals.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the professional or team in the nominated category
Reg Harnish is an entrepreneur, speaker, author and the CEO for GreyCastle Security, a leading cybersecurity consulting firm headquartered in Troy, NY.
Reg has been practicing security for nearly two decades, specializing in security solutions for healthcare, higher education, critical infrastructure and other industries. Reg’s security expertise ranges from risk management and incident response to regulatory compliance and awareness.
As the CEO of GreyCastle Security, Reg is responsible for defining and executing the company’s vision. Reg has led the organization to four consecutive years of triple-digit growth while establishing GreyCastle Security as a highly-respected thought leader. GreyCastle Security is
currently working with organizations in nearly every state in the United States, including Fortune 5000 and Global 100 organizations.
Reg attended Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, and has achieved numerous security and industry certifications, including CISSP, CISM, CISA and ITIL. Reg has achieved various physical security certifications, including firearms instruction and personal protection. Reg is a graduate of the FBI Citizens Academy.
Reg is a fellow of the National Cybersecurity Institute, a cybersecurity educational institution located in Washington, DC. Reg serves on numerous security association boards and is currently an adviser to several educational institutions focused on cybersecurity.