- Job title of nominated professional: Cybersecurity SME
- Company (where nominated professional or team is working): Cloudera
- Website: http://www.cloudera.com
- Company size (employees): ~1,400
- Country: United States
In 3 bullets, summarize why this professional or team deserves recognition:
- Rocky’s experience as a member of the United States Air Force and AFCERT created a strong foundation for high-stakes, critical cybersecurity campaigns.
- DeStefano amassed industry experience through leadership roles spanning over 23 years.
- Rocky’s reach as Cybersecurity SME at Cloudera extends to all of Cloudera’s thousands of partners and clients, ensuring each entity has access to the tools that allow the companies to successfully combat and identify cyber threats and attacks. Cloudera’s vision for cybersecurity is to meet the cybersecurity needs of their customers with best of breed open source and partner solutions.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the professional or team in the nominated category
Rocky DeStefano has developed a distinguished career spanning over more than two decades in the cybersecurity industry, beginning with his time in the United States Air Force as a member of the intelligence community. He continued his military service as a part of the Incident Response Team at the Air Force Computer Emergency Response Team (AFCERT), where he worked as a Security Analyst.
Rocky has made a sizable impact over the duration of this career, during which he founded and served as Technical Director of the Global Security Operations Center at EDS, directed the Security Operations Practice at ArcSight, ran global services for NetWitness and founded and served as CEO of Visible Risk (acquired by Click Security).
Now that Rocky is Cybersecurity Subject Matter Expert at Cloudera, he is tackling an entirely new challenge. Cloudera’s technology enables companies to access and analyze all of their data in the same place, including information about potential and realized cyber threats and breaches. Rocky’s experience and expertise allows Cloudera to cater their services and products to companies who can benefit from accessing and analyzing their information for cybersecurity purposes.