- Job title of nominated professional: R & I ICT Consulting
- Company (where nominated professional or team is working): R & I ICT Consulting
- Website: http://www.business-security.com.au
- Company size (employees): 1 to 9
- Country: Australia
- Headquarters Region: Asia
In 3 bullets, summarize why this professional or team deserves recognition:
* Increased the cyber knowledge of the students of the Canberra based University of New South Wales through the basics of cybersecurity course.
* added additional technical knowledge to the course to keep it current and up to date with what is happening in the real world with demonstrations and hands on development of hacking techniques
* has applied his knowledge and training expertise to the newly developed NiST training course for managers, board members and C level execs of SME’s through R and I ICT consulting.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the professional or team in the nominated category
In the last 12 months Roger Smith has helped increase the basic knowledge of students enrolled in the Australian Defence Force Academy through the basic cybersecurity module that has to be passed by every ungrad enrolled in the university
He has done this by not only showing the consequences of a cyber event but by getting the students to actually hack their target system, in a controlled environment of course, with tools and systems readily available from the internet.
As a well respected member of the training environment he has helped increase the knowledge levels of the students and change their mindset to one of protecting their digital asserts.