- Job title of nominated professional: Cyber Threat Analyst
- Company (where nominated professional or team is working): Anomali
- Company size (employees): 100 to 499
- Country: United States
- Headquarters Region: North America
In 3 bullets, summarize why this professional or team deserves recognition:
- Sara produces strategic threat intelligence and research for Anomali customers and the general public. She has published numerous works discussing cyber events as they relate to politics, economics, world events and various industries.
- Sara collaborates with industry peers through organisations like the NCSC to help defend the United Kingdom. She also delivers tailored intelligence for organisations across the world through Information Sharing and Analysis Centers (ISACs).
- Sara is a steadfast supporter of women in cybersecurity. She regularly attends events encouraging women to join the cybersecurity industry and shares her experiences as a cyber threat analyst.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the professional or team in the nominated category
Sara graduated from the Defence Cyber School at the Defence Academy of the United Kingdom in 2012, specializing in cyber analysis. For the past five years she has been a practicing cyber threat intelligence analyst at Prudential, Santander UK, Cyber Defence Alliance (CDA), CERT UK/NCSC and cybersecurity vendor Anomali. Anomali empowers analysts to conduct advanced investigations through the Anomali Threat Platform, leveraging machine-learning optimized threat intelligence.
Sara dedicates her time at Anomali to researching cyber threats concerning various countries and industries. This research articulates how broader topics such as economic, political, and humanitarian issues act as drivers for cyber threats. Nation-states covered by Sara’s research include North Korea, China, Russia, the United States, South Africa, and the United Kingdom. Sara’s research has also covered the Aviation industry, Healthcare industry, 2018 Winter Olympics, and escalated tensions between the US and Turkey. Sara currently leads an intelligence sharing initiative within the company to facilitate collaboration between analysts for further research.
Sara is an international speaker, sharing her research in South Africa on Russian drivers for cyber attacks at an Anomali Threat Day. She also presented in London on strategic cyber threat intelligence to discuss the crucial role strategic intelligence plays for both the government and private sectors.
Beyond work, Sara collaborates with industry peers to help defend the United Kingdom from myriad cyber threats. She also participates in events to encourage young women to join the cybersecurity industry. Sara participated in a women in IT event at the Bloomberg offices in London, representing information security with the aim to encourage young women to think about Cyber as a possible career. She hopes to organize and present at future events and champion women in security throughout her life.