- Website: http://www.securityinnovation.com
- Company size (employees): 50 to 99
- Country: United States
- Headquarters Region: North America
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Most extensive and pervasive security training in the industry: Security Innovation has the industry’s largest application security library, with hundreds of specialized training courses designed to meet the specific needs of security, IT, and development professionals, as well as general security awareness training for all employees in an organization. We have trained over two million users from hundreds of leading brands across a wide spectrum of industry verticals. We are the trusted, go-to provider to increase the security skills of IT, Development, and general staff (recognized by Gartner in their Magic Quadrant for security awareness training for four consecutive years, including 3 years as a leader); and
• Professional Services: Our engineers have been involved in over 1,000 engagements to help integrate security using application security assessments and services. Unlike other vendors that rely on scanning for broad coverage, our software security experts focus on quality coverage by calibrating the breadth (automation) and depth (experts) of testing to software risk/complexity. We uncover and help fix vulnerabilities in any software type, including web, mobile, IoT, automotive, cloud, desktop and legacy.
• Continuous innovation: Examples of how we innovate to drive customer success include our gamification approach with CMD+CTRL Hackerthon training has brought security training to a new level, increasing engagement and enabling participants to learn by doing in real-world environments and our Compliance and Certification mapping that enable organizations to rapidly meet stringent industry requirements including PCI-DSS, NIST, ISO, OWASP, CWE/SANS, NERC, HIPPA, GDPR and more.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
Security Innovation is a world leader with over one-third of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of organizations relying on our assessment and training solutions to protect their brands as if they were our own.
We’ve trained over 2 million users since we were founded in 2002. Offerings include:
Application Security Training and Organization-wide Security Awareness Training
Our application security training program combines progressive role and technology-based training with hands-on simulations and reinforcement assets for the most effective way to build offensive and defensive skills. Our tiered security training belt system combines courses, practical experience, and incentives to facilitate progression and maximize success.
• Industry’s largest application security course library;
• Pre-assessments place learners in the right course(s); post assessments and exams confirm knowledge retention and create actionable metrics;
• Hands-on application security “hackerthons” and classroom labs make it fun to learn and apply skills, increasing engagement and successful outcomes;
• Over 2,000 supplemental assets, tip sheets, and secure coding checklists to strengthen concepts learned; and
• Dedicated customer success team advises customers on custom curricula, training rollout, and ongoing training optimization.
• Compliance/Certification mapping of courses helps organizations rapidly meet industry requirements including PCI-DSS, NIST, ISO, OWASP, CWE/SANS, NERC, HIPPA and GDPR.
• Three-time Gartner MQ-leader for Security Awareness Training with professional and purpose-built modules to educate all employees on security threats, including Malware, Password Security, Social Engineering, Email Security, Mobile Security, Phishing, Travel and Information Privacy Awareness.
Application Security Professional Services
We’ve been involved in over 1,000 engagements to improve security using application security assessments and services. Unlike vendors that rely on scanning for broad coverage, our software security experts focus on quality coverage by calibrating the breadth (automation) and depth (experts) of testing to software risk/complexity. We uncover and fix vulnerabilities in any software type, including web, mobile, IoT, automotive, cloud, desktop and legacy.