- Website: http://www.securitymentor.com
- Company size (employees): Less than 30
- Country: United States
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
* Security Mentor pioneered combining robust security training with strong e-learning principles to create engaging, interactive lessons that transforms employees into becoming cyber savvy, and their organization’s best security defense.
* Security Mentor’s groundbreaking training model of 10-minute lessons, delivered monthly combined with high quality, interactive content has revolutionized security awareness training, making Security Mentor the first choice for organizations of all sizes who seek real behavior change and not just to check the box.
* By providing security awareness training that is fun, informative and easy-to-understand, Security Mentor successfully hones an employee’s security skills and teaches them where they are at risk from their own behavior, as well as from cyber attacks and malicious insiders.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
In 2008, Security Mentor pioneered the Brief, Frequent, and Focused™ training delivery model of 10-minute long, single topic lessons released once a month. This model revolutionized how organizations train employees about security, jettisoning the once-a-year training sessions that were tedious and poorly retained, and replacing them with training designed to fit employees’ busy work schedules and keep security top of mind. This model has been so successful that it is now widely adopted. Security Mentor also pioneered utilizing serious games and interactions to teach security. We excel at capturing interest and changing behavior by combining robust security content with hand-illustrated graphics, sleek animations, and interactive content that is both relevant and fun.
We are continually innovating our offerings addressing both customer needs and training enhancements. Recently we introduced gamification rewarding end-users’ individual achievements and adding motivation through group competition. Recognizing the need for integrated management of all aspects of end-user security and compliance, we also added a new service enabling organizations to upload their security policies to our system, which then tracks and reports end-user reading of policies and their attestation to comply with them.
Client’s internal metrics demonstrate the effectiveness of our security training and education program. Clients report reductions in end users clicks on phishing links and opening of malicious attachments, and stopping phishing attacks in real-time because they were reported by end-users who have taken our training. Other clients measured a drop in clean-office violations based on office audits before and after training. Finally, one of the most significant changes observed by many customers is the dramatic improvement in their staff’s attitudes toward security, changing from push-back and resentment, to appreciation, making our security training one the biggest wins for the organization.