- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Skycure
- Website: http://www.skycure.com
- Company size (employees): 50+
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Service
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 10,000+ (Tens of thousands)
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• In 2016, Skycure grew exponentially, enhancing protection for every new customer. The technology has been selected by companies in a number of industries, including consumer packaged goods, financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, and transportation. New customers include a Fortune 100 pharmaceutical company, a major professional sports team and one of the largest wine and spirits distributors in the US.
• In 2016 alone, Skycure’s global security analysis included: Scanned more than 1.8 million new Wi-Fi hotspots, Monitored more than 15 million app installations, Identified more than 16,000 malicious apps, Detected nearly 350,000 mobile security incidents, and Identified more than 2.5 million OS vulnerability incidents
• Skycure Mobile Threat Defense expanded partnerships and integrations with AirWatch, MobileIron and Citrix, while adding significant new partners, including Microsoft (Office 365, Exchange and Intune), AT&T (protecting millions of enterprise customers’ devices), and Softchoice (securing corporate and public sector organizations in US and Canada).
Mobile cyber warfare has been around almost as long as mobile devices, but the worst exploits of today are no longer just annoying inconveniences to users. Malicious hackers are targeting big enterprises for spying, data theft, defamation and extortion, and they have figured out many creative ways to silently take control of the best surveillance and infiltration tool ever created – the smart phone.
Skycure offers a complete mobile threat defense solution, delivering unparalleled depth of threat intelligence to predict, detect and prevent the broadest range of known and unknown threats. Skycure’s predictive technology uses a layered approach that leverages massive crowd-sourced threat intelligence, in addition to both device- and server-based analysis, to proactively protect mobile devices from malware, network threats, and vulnerability exploits.
Skycure is unique in the market in that it was built from the ground up to address the scale and complexity of protecting enterprise mobile devices, while adhering to the strict privacy and usability requirements of apps that are available on Apple’s App Store and the Google Play store. Through a variety of patents, Skycure is able to provide unparalleled protection with a minimal footprint, having zero impact on user productivity or experience, negligible battery consumption, and absolute adherence to personal privacy (essential for BYOD use cases).
Malware defense techniques include static and dynamic analysis, crowd-based anomaly detection, as well as analysis based on signatures, app behavior, structure, permissions and more. Protection against network threats includes an automated VPN response and a unique Selective Resource Protection (SRP) feature that blocks access to specific corporate resources during an attack. Skycure also minimizes the vulnerability window with its unique OS Upgradability feature, which identifies the earliest possible opportunity to update iOS and Android operating systems.