- Job title of nominated professional: Chief Security and Information Officer
- Company (where nominated professional or team is working): Citrix
- Website: https://www.citrix.com/it-security/
- Company size (employees): 5,000 to 9,999
- Country: United States
- Headquarters Region: North America
In 3 bullets, summarize why this professional or team deserves recognition:
• Black has taken a new approach to simplifying IT and security to provide a better experience for users. He believes security cannot inhibit a good experience. By combining the security and IT organizations at Citrix, his organization is able to:
o Stop more then 56 billion unique attacks per quarter; remove outdated infrastructure and applications, and automate mundane processes and tasks, saving more than half a million dollars per year by reducing the data center footprint more than 20 percent. The team has reduced the number of support emails by more than 1 million through simplification and automation, allowing his team to focus on threat prevention rather than just remediation.
• With this combined team approach, Citrix’s global security organization under Black’s leadership has increased visibility and control to find and stop threats faster. Their customer-first approach has generated new security assurances like the Citrix Trust Center and the creation of a Security Due Diligence Package tailored to customer’s security questions and needs.
• Black’s three-tiered approach to security of adding visibility, control and automation to increase trust, reduce risk and improve experience gives customers more actionable insights to establish known good and known bad behavior. So instead of a tactical whitelisting and blacklisting approach, his team is able to better protect against the constantly-evolving threat landscape and global compliance regulations, helping customers maintain both security and compliance.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the professional or team in the nominated category
Stan Black, CISSP, is the SVP and Chief Security and Information Officer of Citrix where he is responsible for the secure delivery of applications and data to some of the world’s largest organizations in healthcare, financial services, the public sector, and more. A key component of that is creating a security strategy to deliver experience, security and choice to customers and employees. The flexibility that comes with that experience and choice enables workers to be secure and productive from anywhere, anytime.
Holding the role of CSO and CIO is unique, but monitoring physical security is yet another differentiator of Black’s global technology and security (GTS) organization. His empowering leadership style hinges on the trust and freedom he gives his team to execute projects and bring creative, new ideas and solutions to reduce the complexity of operations and bring more visibility across IT, product, engineering and security to stop the next attack. His team removes legacy technology to improve security, reduce costs, and improve visibility. It’s how they’re able to stop more than 56 billion unique security events per quarter. The unique insights his team gathers enables them to help improve products and services by delivering the best possible experience for users.
Black is a seasoned security veteran with more than twenty five years of experience in cyber security, reducing business risk, threat intelligence, corporate data protection, infrastructure simplification and crisis management. His experience has provided him the opportunity to deliver durable security and risk solutions to global 1000’s, countries and public agencies around the world.