- Job title of nominated professional: CTO
- Company (where nominated professional or team is working): Securonix
- Website: http://www.securonix.com
- Company size (employees): 150
In 3 bullets, summarize why this professional or team deserves recognition:
• An innovative data scientist and entrepreneur, Tanuj Gulati is often described as ahead of his time, and is most certainly at the leading edge of security analytics. He is a sought after security analytics expert who advises Fortune 500 organizations, Federal agencies and think tanks. He sits on the governance boards for information security programs at several large organizations where he guides the implementation of identity, access, governance, risk and compliance initiatives.
• Over the last year, he has steered Securonix through a period of unprecedented growth: One in three Fortune 100 financial services companies are now Securonix customers. One third of Fortune 500 companies across industries use Securonix. The company’s partnership and alliance program also saw rapid uptake among the largest technology resellers and integrators in the world including Accenture, PwC, Optiv, Deloitte, Dell and Cloudera.
• Tanuj inspires the entire Securonix team to stay laser-focused on the key drivers for the company’s success: developing groundbreaking technology, cultivating long-term partnerships with top-tier partners and customers, and offering the highest level of service to its valued partners and customers.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the professional or team in the nominated category
Tanuj Gulati co-founded Securonix, the company that pioneered the use of user and entity behavior analytics (UEBA) for enterprise security.He leads engineering and product management at Securonix where he’s known internally as the “Chief Inventor” behind the company’s most innovative solutions.
Tanuj works to radically transform all areas of enterprise security with actionable security intelligence. He has attracted an all-star management team of highly respected industry experts from data science, machine learning and information security to help Securonix develop nimble solutions that predict, prevent and detect the threats we see today and those that will emerge tomorrow.
Tanuj is a thought leader in security applications of big data analytics. He advises Fortune 500 organizations, Federal agencies, think tanks, and on Capitol Hill. He sits on the governance boards for information security programs at several large organizations to guide the implementation of identity, access, governance, risk and compliance initiatives. Tanuj was named “executive of the year” and “most innovative executive of the year” by the SVUS 2016 Golden Bridge Awards.
Previously Tanuj served at VAAU from its inception to its acquisition by Sun Microsystems. He also held key positions at Oracle and Sun Microsystems where he led the global technical sales team for the compliance, risk and role management product portfolio.
Over the past 12 months, Gulati has led Securonix to several milestone achievements. Under his leadership, we released two new products: Securonix Enterprise and SNYPR. Securonix Enterprise is the most powerful user and entity behavior analytics (UEBA) platform on the market that is purpose-built to rapidly detect threats. SNYPR is a security analytics platform that transforms big data into actionable security intelligence. It delivers the proven power of Securonix analytics with the speed, scale, and affordable, long-term storage of Hadoop in a single, out-of-the box solution.