- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): VASCO Data Security
- Website: http://www.vasco.com
- Company size (employees): 500 to 999
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: VASCO DIGIPASS® for Apps is integrated by many of the world’s leading financial institutions, and approximately 30 million DIGIPASS for Apps licenses are deployed worldwide. Leading finance and banking companies around the world relying on DIGIPASS for Apps include BankMobile, HSBC, Deutsche Bank, Commerzbank, Mizuho Bank, Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi, Rabobank, KBC, Bank of America, ING and ABN AMRO.
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
Best Identity & Access Solution, 2016 SIIA CODiE Awards
Gold winner, 2017 Info Security Products Guide Global Excellence Award for Best Security Product/Solution for Finance and Banking
2017 SC Awards Finalist, Best Mobile Security Solution
Perfect score of 5 Stars from SC Magazine; designated as their Recommended Product of the Month
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Industry-Leading Security Prevents Fraud - Extensive authentication options, anti-malware technology and client risk scoring capabilities effectively mitigate fraud and insulate consumers from hacking attacks. This ultimately reduces fraud exposure for the business (contributing to the bottom line) and improving the consumer experience in the process.
• Speed to Market Drives Growth - With DIGIPASS for Apps, app developers don’t need to be security experts. By delivering a complete mobile security solution in SDK form, developers can focus on enhancing the business capabilities of their applications, and accelerating time to market for revenue generating application features.
• User Experience Ensures Loyalty - By elevating trust and improving user experience, organizations can securely offer more services via mobile, improve capabilities for other banking channels in the process and create more loyal customers.
DIGIPASS for Apps is a comprehensive software development kit (SDK) that natively integrates application security, multi-factor authentication, electronic signing and e-signatures into mobile applications.
No other mobile application security solution provides a single framework with as extensive a library of APIs and integrated features that ensure strong security and optimal user experience.
VASCO’s DIGIPASS for Apps includes the following features:
• Runtime Application Self-Protection (RASP) to dynamically monitor app execution to detect and prevent attacks on mobile apps
• Advanced Biometrics (e.g., ”selfie” and fingerprint authentication) to accurately validate the customer’s identity before the transaction can be completed
• E-signatures to capture legal intent and a detailed audit trail of how, when, and where the transaction took place
• Fraud protection utilizing a client-based risk score of the customer and transaction in order to reduce the likelihood of fraud
VASCO’s DIGIPASS for Apps includes eSignLive’s mobile SDK to allow organizations to securely capture legally binding signatures on contracts and other business-critical documents. Leveraging best-in-class technologies such as biometrics and e-signatures gives organizations the ability to deliver secure yet convenient mobile onboarding experiences.
Organizations can also build VASCO’s “Smile & Sign” SDK into an existing banking app to upsell to customers, enabling them to apply for instant access to credit or other financing. To do so, the customer opens the financial institution’s app and enters the amount of credit desired, then takes a “selfie” and signs on the phone’s screen. At the recent Finovate conference, Smile & Sign was one of only 70 innovations from around the world selected for demonstration in front of more than 1,500 fintech innovators
With DIGIPASS for Apps, all core components of the mobile application are encrypted (i.e. communication, storage, platform, provisioning, interface and user), and protection is easily integrated, without performance disruptions or end user visibility.