- Job title of nominated professional: Manager, Strategic Services, EMEA at Rapid7
- Company (where nominated professional or team is working): Rapid7
- Website: http://www.rapid7.com
- Company size (employees): 800
- Country: United States
In 3 bullets, summarize why this professional or team deserves recognition:
1. Wim was recently elected as Chairperson of the Board of Directors for (ISC)2 by a committee of his peers, clearly demonstrating his leadership in the infosec community.
2. Wim is regularly looked to by reporters and quoted as an expert in media on breaking news items in tier-one business, technology, and security media outlets.
3. Wim recently (at BlackHat US 2015) published and presented original research on BGP security, which has helped to drive awareness and media coverage around an often-overlooked risk in the support structure of the internet.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the professional or team in the nominated category
As Manager Strategic Services EMEA, Wim Remes leverages his 15 years of security leadership experience to advise clients on reducing their risk posture by solving complex security problems and by building resiliency into their organization. Wim delivers expert guidance on reducing the high cost of IT security failures, both financially and in terms of brand reputation with his deep expertise in network security, identity management, policy design, risk assessment and penetration testing. Before joining the Rapid7 team Wim was a Managing Consultant at IOActive, a Manager of Information Security for Ernst and Young and a Security Consultant for Bull, where he gained valuable experience building security programs for enterprise class clients.
Wim has been engaged in various infosec community initiatives such as the co-development of the Penetration Testing Execution Standard (PTES), InfosecMentors, The Eurotrash Security Podcast and organizing the BruCON security conference. Wim has been a featured speaker at international conferences such as Excaliburcon (China), Blackhat Europe, Source Boston, Source Barcelona and SecZone (Colombia). He is also a Member of the Board of Directors at (ISC)2.