- Website: http://www.catonetworks.com
- Company size (employees): 40
- Headquarters Region: Middle East
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company deserves recognition:
1) Cato Networks provides organizations with a software-defined and cloud-based secure enterprise network. With its revolutionary Cato Cloud service, the company is at the forefront of the new enterprise security approach it helped innovate, Network+Security-as-a-Service. The Cato Cloud reduces MPLS connectivity costs, eliminates branch appliances, provides direct, secure internet access everywhere, and securely connects mobile users and cloud infrastructures to the enterprise network.
2) Cato Networks is delivering an integrated networking and security stack that extends the boundaries of the legacy firewall-protected perimeter to connect mobile users, cloud infrastructure, and physical locations to a new, optimized and secure perimeter in the Cloud. The Cato solution thus changes the current networking and security landscape.
3) After coming out of stealth in February 2016, Cato was recognized by Gartner for being at the forefront of the new Gartner category, Firewall-as-a-Service. This was followed by Series B funding of $30 million in October 2016, demonstrating the rapid support the new technology is garnering in the network security space.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
Cato provides a secure, cloud-based network for enterprises that reduces the time and money needed to maintain on-premise hardware and software. First, it connects all remote locations, mobile users and cloud infrastructures to a simple network perimeter in the cloud. Through its secure cloud network, it delivers affordable, low-latency connectivity between offices, users and applications that outperforms alternatives like MPLS and VPN tunnels. It can also eliminate the network security stack at remote locations, including UTMs, next-generation firewalls, URL filters and WAN optimization appliances, because it delivers all these capabilities as part of its secure network. Finally, Cato extends security and connectivity across the entire enterprise network, including cloud and mobile, so it can enforce a unified policy without the need for multiple point solutions, like CASB.
The Cato Cloud connects all the enterprise network elements, including branch locations, the mobile workforce, and physical and cloud datacenters, to a global, encrypted and optimized network in the cloud. With all WAN and internet traffic consolidated in the cloud, Cato applies a set of enterprise grade network security services to protect the traffic at all times. The Cato Cloud is seamlessly and continuously updated by Cato’s dedicated networking and security experts, to ensure maximum service availability, optimal network performance, and the highest level of protection against emerging threats. Therefore, no steps to patch or update the software need to be taken by the customer’s IT staff. There is no trade off between usability and functionality with security in Cato’s innovation. It reduces complexity and costs, while maintaining the highest level of network security.