- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Claroty
- Website: http://www.claroty.com
- Company size (employees): 10 - 49
- Product Version Number: N/A
- Type of solution: Software
- Year this product or service was first introduced to the market: 2016
- Year the current version of this product or service has been released: 2016
- Approximate number of users worldwide: Deployed in Fortune 500 network environments across dozens of industry verticals worldwide
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service deserves recognition:
• The Claroty Platform is Purpose-built for OT Networks: Designed to safely monitor ICS, SCADA and other critical networks, Claroty uncovers previously hidden issues and alerts cybersecurity teams and system operators to malicious attacks and process integrity issues that may impact industrial operations. It generates alerts that are context-rich, summarizing multiple associated events into a single robust notification for rapid investigation and response, and improved operational resilience. Notably, the Claroty Platform was born from an executive team steeped in OT security from organizations including Siemens, Waterfall Security and others, and is supported by an unrivaled ICS security research organization that comprises the “top 1% of the 1%” from a special Israeli Defense Force cyberunit.
• Claroty Achieved Several Significant Enterprise Customer Milestones well before its Official September Launch: Securing multiple seven-figure deals, the Claroty Platform has been implemented in complex enterprise-class production environments for more than a year. Underscoring this early customer success, a CISO from a global Fortune 100 organization explains his engagement with Claroty: “We are using Claroty to add security monitoring to our control systems around the world – an important part of our business where security was not previously thought of or architected in. We selected Claroty to give us greater visibility into the shop floor environment – both the assets that are there and the activities taking place. Equipped with this additional visibility we are able to increase productivity and make process improvements in addition to enhance security.”
• Market Research Analysts are Lauding Claroty’s Approach: In April, Gartner named Claroty a “Cool Vendor” in the publication “Cool Vendors in Smart City Application Solutions, 2016.” The firm noted that what makes the company cool is the Claroty Platform, “which detects suspicious and/or anomalous system activity within industrial environments in real-time for rapid mitigation, a requirement for most event-driven industrial systems.”
In less than 300 words, summarize the most important features and benefits of this product or service
The Claroty Platform is the most comprehensive cybersecurity platform for Operational Technology (OT) networks. Its differentiating features/benefits include:
• Deepest Visibility: While other tools only cover control system assets in Level 3 and 4 of the Purdue Enterprise Reference Architecture, the Claroty Platform provides extreme visibility into assets and communications across each level of the OT environment – from the lowest layers where sensors, actuators, pumps and other devices are controlled and monitored by specialized hardware, up to the layers that run on commodity hardware and operating systems. It is the only product that unveils hidden interfaces and dependencies between OT and IT assets.
• Broadest Coverage: Claroty inspects the largest number of industrial control protocols, with support for both open and proprietary protocols from vendors including Siemens, Rockwell Automation/Allen Bradley, Yokogawa, Emerson, GE, Schneider Electric, Mitsubishi, Honeywell, ABB and more.
• Real-Time Monitoring: Claroty constantly monitors all communication within an industrial control network, in contrast to tools that use periodic queries that can easily miss significant network events or important changes to critical assets.
• Superior Anomaly Detection: Claroty is able to create high-fidelity models and employ advanced behavioral algorithms to detect potential attacks and noteworthy changes that can adversely impact operations – including a variety of security attacks and environmental changes that could harm system integrity or damage industrial processes.
• “Do No Harm” Passive Monitoring Approach: Unlike other tools that use “active” queries – which can miss important events or potentially break OT equipment – or simply have blind spots at the lower OT layers, Claroty employs “passive” deep packet inspection that is safe for all devices within OT environments.
• Enterprise Scalability: Claroty is optimized for complex, real-world OT networks that often have constrained bandwidth or even unreliable network links. The system also features an enterprise console that consolidates information from multiple geographically distributed sites.