- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Versasec
- Website: https://www.versasec.com
- Company size (employees): Under 100 employees
- Product Version Number: 4.6
- Type of solution: Software
- Year this product or service was first introduced to the market: 2009
- Year the current version of this product or service has been released: 2016
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 300,000
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service deserves recognition:
• vSEC:CMS S-Series is scalable and can be used by small- and medium-sized businesses or large organizations.
• vSEC:CMS S-Series is one of the only smart card management products on the market that is affordable for small and medium-sized businesses
• vSEC:CMS S-Series supports the most multi-factor ID products in the market, whether its smart cards, RFIDs, virtual smart cards or any other multi-factor device. The support for virtual smart cards helps companies reduce operating costs by eliminating the need to purchase physical smart card or smart card readers and is backward compatible to Windows 7 or above.
In less than 300 words, summarize the most important features and benefits of this product or service
Versasec’s vSEC:CMS S-Series introduces a new approach to smart card lifecycle management. Now, enterprises can implement an advanced and feature-rich smart card management system offering a variety of important benefits:
• Fast implementation that takes minutes, rather than weeks
• Intuitive user interface improving operational efficiency
• No hidden costs and low total cost of ownership
• Consistently high security level without exception
• Large scaling capabilities, available immediately
The vSEC:CMS S-Series is an innovative, easily integrated and cost-effective smart card management system helping organizations deploy and manage smart cards quickly and efficiently. The vSEC:CMS S-Series is client-server based. It streamlines all aspects of smartcard management by easily connecting to enterprise directories, certificate authorities, smart card printers, external databases, physical access control systems, and more. The S-Series is designed for several operators and users working in parallel without a need for synchronization; each operator requires access to the operator application and the operator’s operator smart card only.
Microsoft introduced the concept of virtual smart cards in Windows 8, Versasec has also developed its own Virtual Smart Cards and also supports Charismatics Virtual Smart Cards. Virtual smart cards emulate smart cards in a virtual sense by making use of the TPM chip that is available on all modern PCs. vSEC:CMS S-Series creates and manages the lifecycle of a virtual smart card.. While the virtual smart card interfaces with both operating systems and application programs as would a physical card, it also refers processing of cryptographic commands and cryptographic key storage to the host computer’s TPM. The benefit of this approach is that organizations deploying the vSEC:CMS Virtual Smart Card technology need not purchase smart cards or smart card readers, resulting in reduced overall solution costs without compromising security. With Versasec’s own Virtual Smart Card implementation, users can create and manage Virtual Smart Cards from Windows 7 and above.