- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): WatchGuard Technologies
- Website: http://www.watchguard.com/
- Company size (employees): 500 - 999
- Product Version Number: Firebox T70 with Fireware version 11.12
- Type of solution: Hybrid
- Year this product or service was first introduced to the market: 2016
- Year the current version of this product or service has been released: 2016
- Approximate number of users worldwide: As a privately held company, WatchGuard cannot provide specific details on current market share for any of our products. Since our founding in 1996, over one million WatchGuard security appliances have been deployed worldwide.
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service deserves recognition:
• The WatchGuard Firebox T70 is the fastest performing tabletop appliance available on the market today, as verified by Miercom. The T70 is the only tabletop appliance that can run full UTM services at over 1 gigabit per second, and significantly outperformed competitive products from Sonicwall, Fortinet and Sophos.
• T70 deploys quickly and easily with WatchGuard RapidDeploy. IT staff can create and store configuration data in the cloud – public or private – and have the appliance directly shipped to its destination. Once the device arrives, it effectively deploys itself by automatically connecting to the cloud for a secure download of its configuration settings, saving your staff time and money and getting rid of the need for technical staff to visit every deployment site.
• T70 also includes two Power over Ethernet (PoE) ports to power peripheral devices such as wireless access points and security cameras, allowing administrators to extend the reach of their networks without having to run costly AC power to remote devices. PoE ports aren’t often found on tabletop appliances, making this a unique appliance for SMBs and distributed enterprise organizations.
In less than 300 words, summarize the most important features and benefits of this product or service
WatchGuard Firebox T70 is a tabletop security appliance that offers industry-leading security at the fastest speeds available on the market today.
Many organizations today depend on fast, reliable and secure Internet connectivity, but struggle to find network security solutions that can keep up with their ever-growing needs. While many rack-mount solutions can keep up with today’s fastest fiber-to-the-premises speeds, there are not currently any tabletop security appliances available that have this capability, especially when running with additional security services enabled. This makes it difficult for SMBs and distributed enterprises to harness these powerful Internet speeds with the complete UTM protection they require.
The Firebox T70 solves this problem. It is the only tabletop appliance that can run full UTM services at over 1 gigabit per second, and significantly outperformed competitive products from Sonicwall, Fortinet and Sophos. It offers 4 Gbps speeds with the firewall running, 1.2 Gbps with AV, 1.5 Gbps running IPS, 1 Gbps running in full UTM mode and 740 Mbps VPN. The appliance includes 8 one Gig ports and two Power over Ethernet ports. As a tabletop security product, it is intended for midsized businesses and distributed enterprises.
The WatchGuard T70 is also one of the only tabletop appliances available today that provides users two Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) ports enabling power to peripheral devices, such as wireless access points and security cameras.
The WatchGuard Firebox T70 makes network slowdown concerns a thing of the past, with blazing-fast performance capable of delivering full UTM protection at over 1 gigabit per second.