- Website: http://www.watchguard.com/
- Company size (employees): 200-500 employees
- Headquarters Region: North America
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company deserves recognition
• WatchGuard is working to educate the market and consumers on the latest security trends and best practices through CTO thought-leadership in the form of daily security videos, and guest commentary for key industry publications.
• WatchGuard has built a strong channel program that rewards partners for education and makes enterprise-grade security available to SMBs and distributed enterprises at a reasonable cost.
• WatchGuard’s product innovation and best-of-breed approach to security services are helping to drive the cybersecurity industry forward, especially in the UTM and security data analytics arenas.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
In the past year, WatchGuard Technologies has introduced the most powerful Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (WIPS) on the market, the fastest tabletop Unified Threat Management (UTM) appliance in the industry, expanded its product offerings to incorporate endpoint security and made network security data more visible and interactive. WatchGuard solutions empower users to identify, isolate, and resolve security issues quickly and easily and provide enterprise-level security to small and medium-sized businesses and distributed enterprises.
WatchGuard recently introduced Wi-Fi Cloud, a secure, scalable and feature-rich Wi-Fi management platform and WIPS with the lowest false positive rate on the market today. It also turns Wi-Fi hot spots into invaluable consumer research, analytics and push marketing tools and allows organizations of any size to provide making fast, secure, and intelligent Wi-Fi.
WatchGuard has also recently introduced the Firebox T70, a tabletop security appliance that offers industry-leading security at the fastest speeds available on the market today. Most tabletop network security solutions can’t keep up with today’s fastest fiber-to-the-premises speeds. The Firebox T70 significantly outperforms competitive products from Sonicwall, Fortinet and Sophos as the only tabletop security appliance that can run full UTM services at over 1 gigabit per second.
WatchGuard expanded its portfolio to the endpoint in 2016 by acquiring Hawkeye G, an endpoint threat detection and response product. By integrating Hawkeye G with WatchGuard’s own UTM products and correlating malware data from both the network and the endpoint, WatchGuard gives users a better understanding of the threat level and necessary response for malware anywhere on the network.
In addition, all WatchGuard UTM and next-gen firewall products are all equipped with WatchGuard Dimension, a cloud-based security suite of big data visibility and reporting tools that identifies key network security threats, issues and trends, and turns that data into actionable security intelligence, allowing users to set and adjust.