Promote this Nomination
|Job title of nominated professional (or team name)||Chief Researcher|
|Company (where nominated professional or team is working)||Prismo Systems|
|Company size (employees)||10 to 49|
|Headquarters Region||North America|
Abhishek Singh is currently serving as Chief Researcher for Prismo Systems. His carrier has spawned for more than a decade. He has played a crucial role in the development of sophisticated cybersecurity technologies and processes, including real-time analysis via virtual machines, deception-based techniques, and intrusion prevention and detection systems at FireEye, Acalvio, and at Microsoft. His recent research to detect injection exploitation in web applications by instrumenting web applications led to the “API and Query Integrity Algorithm,” which was selected for presentation at the 2019 Virus Bulletin Conference. The algorithm provides an inherent advantage, with each detected attempt of exploitation, the vulnerable section of the application will also get identified.
Prior to joining Prismo Systems, he spearheaded threat research and detection R&D at Acalvio Technologies where some of the notable achievements include:
* Building an active solution leveraging deception to detect ransomware,
* Research on the spreading techniques used by worms and threat actors for lateral movements, and the architecture levering deception to detect them, was selected nominee for 2018 Prestigious Péter Szőr award by Virus Bulletin.
Before Prismo Systems, he was with Fireye. At the FireEye, he led threat research and detection R&D, which led to the filing of 17 patents application related to detection algorithms, analytics & enhancement in the architecture of groundbreaking MVX Engine.
* Abhishek Singh has played a crucial role in the development of sophisticated cybersecurity technologies and processes, including real-time analysis via virtual machines, deception-based techniques, and intrusion prevention and detection. systems at FireEye, Acalvio and at Microsoft
* Authored/Co-Authored 18 Issued & 9 pending patents, authored 15 research papers, 6 technical white papers. Patents, papers, and books details work in detection algorithms, analytics and the architecture of various technologies such as the virtual machine-based approach to real-time threat analysis, IPS, techniques to detect threat over the web, email, endpoint and by using deception.
* Presented at some of the notable conferences like BlackHat, CansecWest, RSA, Virus Bulletin, ACSAC and published in journals like Virus Bulletin. His research has been quoted by national, international media and has resulted in awards including:
- - 2019 Reboot Leadership Award (Innovators Category): SC Media
- - Nominee for Prestigious Virus Bulletin's 2018 Péter Szőr Award.