Promote this Nomination
|Company size (employees)||100 to 499|
|Headquarters Region||North America|
In a time of global uncertainty, Bishop Fox is redefining offensive security, working with more than 25% of the Fortune 100, eight of the top 10 tech companies, and all top global media companies – including Google, Equifax, John Deere, Sonos, and Zoom. The company doubled down on innovation investment this year with a $129M B round.
Bishop Fox Cosmos is a purpose-built platform – from nearly 20 years of experience – that outpaces attacker speed and precision, and is a force multiplier for a team that, apart from the Federal Government, represents the largest and most experienced team of offensive security experts in the world. In 2022, the company was awarded US Patent No. 11,218,496 for a key technique that enables identification of vulnerability precursors at unprecedented scale and efficiency. GigaOm named Bishop Fox the only “Platform Leader in Attack Surface Management”. Today, Cosmos:
* Executes more than 2.3 billion operations and identifies more than 13,000 exposures weekly.
* Reduces critical vulnerability remediation time by 82%.
* Eliminates 93% of resource requirements and more than 5,000 hours of yearly vulnerability triage
* Offers 14-to-1 average yearly ROI
Bishop Fox’s technology-enabled portfolio — from continuous penetration testing, red teaming, and attack surface management, to product, cloud, and application security assessments — have no peer. Unlike approaches that only deliver generic reports and guidance, Cosmos provides actionable findings with live access to testers, enabling teams to dig into details, analyze impact, clearly define remediation procedures, and retest to confirm attack window closures.
Bishop Fox is a partner-of-choice for large product/service ecosystems including Google (G Suite and Nest), Meta (Workplace) and Amazon (Alexa), and this year expanded its trusted certification testing partner role with the IoXT Alliance. The company also demonstrated security vendor validation work, testing the efficacy of Illumio against ransomware.
How we are different
· Completed a $129M B round of funding to aggressively expand capabilities, performance, and reach of its Cosmos platform, and grow the team that supports it.
· Secured innovation and industry leadership, being named the only “Platform Leader in Attack Surface Management” by GigaOm and awarded a patent for a key technique at the core of Cosmos, known as perceptual analysis (US Patent No. 11,218,496) that reveals anomalies and outliers that could indicate the presence of a vulnerability at unprecedented scale and efficiency.
· Strengthened the platform to deliver 14-to-1 average ROI, eliminate 93% of resource requirements and reduce by 82% the time to remediate critical vulnerabilities – from an industry standard 246 days to 44.