- Website: http://www.catonetworks.com
- Company size (employees): 40
- Headquarters Region: Middle East
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company deserves recognition:
1) Cato Networks provides organizations with a software-defined and cloud-based secure enterprise network. With its revolutionary Cato Cloud product, the company is at the forefront of the new enterprise security approach, Network-Security-as-a-Service. The Cato Cloud reduces MPLS connectivity costs, eliminates branch appliances, provides direct, secure internet access everywhere, and securely connects mobile users and cloud infrastructures to the enterprise network.
2) Cato Networks is delivering an integrated networking and security stack that extends the boundaries of the legacy firewall-protected perimeter to connect mobile users, cloud infrastructure, and physical locations to a new, optimized and secure perimeter in the Cloud. The Cato solution thus changes the current network security landscape.
3) The rise of cloud applications and mobile workforces is changing the shape of business and legacy network traffic patterns. Users need secure access to data anytime and everywhere. Wide Area Network (WAN) and network security appliances were built to connect and secure static and physical locations, not today’s fluid and dynamic networks. This incompatibility causes complex network topologies, littered with point solutions, which are costly to deploy and complex to maintain. Handling this complexity requires a skilled, yet scarce, IT staff to keep the infrastructure up-to-date through the resource-intensive process of patches, updates and upgrades. It also creates an ideal environment for hackers to take advantage of enterprise constraints by slipping through the cracks of misconfigurations and software vulnerabilities. Cato Networks’ security solution is eliminating these complexities at a reduced cost to more traditional solutions, such as MPLS.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
Cato Networks created the world’s first integrated, cloud-based and software-defined networking and security solution. The company builds a new network perimeter, in the cloud, protected by a tightly integrated set of security services. It provides businesses with a simple, affordable and enterprise-grade secure network. No more costly hardware deployments, management complexities, capacity constraints, outdated software, or restricted visibility. By rethinking networking and security from the ground up, and bringing it into the cloud, Cato makes securely connecting businesses simple again. Security needed a new approach, a revolution rather than an evolution, to provide a secure enterprise network for the way business is being done. The cloud is the way of the future for network connectivity and security, and Cato is at the forefront of implementing this new technology.
Cato is also at the forefront of a new technology segment Gartner recently introduced: Firewall-as-a-Service (FWaaS). The company is one of the top vendors driving this new and exciting market forward. FWaaS promises simplification and cost reduction by eliminating on-premise appliances.