Promote this Nomination
|Job title of nominated professional||Chief Technology Officer|
|Company (where nominated professional or team is working)||Vigilant Asia (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.|
|Company size (employees)||50 to 99|
In 3 bullets, summarize why this professional or team deserves recognition:
1. A Security Technology Architect and Evangelist who created a Regional SOC 2.0 Managed Detection and Response security operation center in 2018 for SME and Enterprises in an affordable package. For the 1st time Small Medium Enterprises starting from a company of 10 machines to 100 machines have started using SOC services and the adoption is growing fast in the Region. A Visionary who sees cybersecurity soc services is for everyone.
2. Created Certification courses in Big Data Security, IoT Security, Penetration testing, Digital Forensics, Secure Coding, Network Security and Mobile security. These courses are taken by students across ASEAN in a very affordable price point
3. National award winner who has contributed to National Cyber Security Framework and many more national initiatives and now working with few ASEAN governments in developing and implementing National Cyber Security Frameworks.
Summary of Achievements
A Principal Technology Architect & Security Professional with Twenty (20) years of IT experience in Security, Ethical Hacking, Cyber Security Framework, Security Risk & Governance, Systems Analysis, Design, Development, Secure Coding, Implementation, Digital Forensics and Project Management.
Founder, CEO of Kaapagam Technologies and Kaapagam Education Services. Chief Technology Officer for Regional Security Operation Center by Vigilant Asia. A Security Consultant for many Multi-National and leading IT companies in APAC region.A Frequent Speaker in Security Event in APAC.
Recipient of following National and APAC Individual Awards :
1. Cyber Security Professional of the Year 2017 APAC, awarded by Cyber Security Excellence Awards
2. Cyber Security Professional of the Year 2017, awarded in Cyber Security Awards, Govt of Malaysia
3. Cyber Security Professional of the Year 2014, awarded in Cyber Security Awards, Govt of Malaysia
Recipient of following National and APAC Company Awards:
1. Top 25 Cyber Security Company in APAC by CIO Outlook
2. Cyber Security Innovation of the Year 2016, awarded in Cyber Security Awards 2016 by Govt of Malaysia
3. Cyber Security Training Provider of the Year 2014, awarded in Cyber Security 2014 by Govt of Malaysia
Clement Arul has been an active Cybersecurity Evangelist and outreach personnel with following notable contributions :
– Presented in more than 75 public conferences and Talks in last Year and more than 500+ in last 5 Years across ASEAN
– Created a Security Awarness Certification under KALAM and have trained and certified 3500 people across ASEAN including Singapore, Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia, Indonesia in the last year.
– ASTRO Malaysia Vanavil TV : Vizhithugal 15 mins slot for 13 capsules (days) on various cyber security awareness topics and DO’s and Dont’s for general public : Nationwide Indian Audience
– Created KALAM, A Cybersecurity Collaboration platform and launched it in Taylors University, KDU University, and MSU University students creating a vibrant platform for students to collaborate on community reserach and development and sharing.