Promote this Nomination
|Job title of nominated professional (or team name)||Chief Technology Officer|
|Company (where nominated professional or team is working)||Vigilant Asia (M) Sdn. Bhd.|
|Company size (employees)||50 to 99|
A Principal Technology Architect & Security Professional with Twenty one (21) years of IT experience in Security, Ethical Hacking, Cyber Security Framework, Security Risk & Governance, Systems Analysis, Design, Development, Secure Coding, Implementation, Digital Forensics and Project Management.
Founder, CEO of Kaapagam Technologies and Kaapagam Education Services. Chief Technology Officer for Regional Security Operation Center by Vigilant Asia. A Security Consultant for many Multi-National and leading IT companies in APAC region. A Frequent Speaker in Security Event in APAC.
Recipient of following National Individual Awards :
1. Cyber Security Professional of the Year 2017, awarded in Cyber Security Awards, Govt of Malaysia
2. Cyber Security Professional of the Year 2014, awarded in Cyber Security Awards, Govt of Malaysia
Recipient of following APAC Individual Awards :
1. Cyber Security Professional of the Year 2019 APAC, awarded by Cyber Security Excellence Awards
2. Cyber Security Educator of the Year 2019 APAC, awarded by Cyber Security Excellence Awards
3. Cyber Security Professional of the Year 2017 APAC, awarded by Cyber Security Excellence Awards
Recipient of following National and APAC Company Awards:
1. Cyber Security Company of the Year 2019, awarded in Cyber Security Awards 2019 by Govt of Malaysia
2. Cyber Security Innovation of the Year 2018, awarded in Cyber Security Awards 2018 by Govt of Malaysia
3. Top 25 Cyber Security Company in APAC by CIO Outlook
4. Cyber Security Innovation of the Year 2016, awarded in Cyber Security Awards 2016 by Govt of Malaysia
5. Cyber Security Training Provider of the Year 2014, awarded in Cyber Security 2014 by Govt of Malaysia
Clement Arul has been an active Cybersecurity Evangelist and outreach personnel with following notable contributions :
– Chief Architect : KALAM – IT Security Collaboration Platform : A Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE)Award Winning Platform
– Chief Architect : VALARI : Common Criteria Certified (the only) Malaysian Web Application Firewall
– Chief Architect : SOC 2.0 – A Regional Managed Detection and Response Platform for SME
– Issued 100+ Web Vulnerability Disclosure Documents in last 2 years on Vulnerabilities discovered in Government, Corporate, Banks, Online Payment Gateways and e-Shopping websites in ASEAN.
– Presented in more than 120 public conferences and Talks in last Year and more than 600+ in last 5 Years across ASEAN
– Created a Security Awareness Certification under KALAM and have trained and certified 5300 people across ASEAN
1. A Security Technology Architect and Evangelist who created a Regional SOC 2.0 Managed Detection and Response security operation center in 2018 for SME and Enterprises in an affordable package. For the 1st time Small Medium Enterprises starting from a company of 10 machines to 100 machines have started using SOC services and the adoption is growing fast in the Region. A Visionary who sees cybersecurity soc services is for everyone.
2. Created Certification courses in Big Data Security, IoT Security, Penetration testing, Digital Forensics, Secure Coding, Network Security and Mobile security. These courses are taken by students across ASEAN in a very affordable price point
3. National award winner who has contributed to National Cyber Security Framework and many more national initiatives and now working with few ASEAN governments in developing and implementing National Cyber Security Frameworks. He is also part of the Secure Implementation of Nigerian ID system Project in 2019 as security expert consultant