- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Aperio Systems
- Website: http://www.aperio-systems.com/
- Company size (employees): 10
- Country: Israel
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 4
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
- Aperio Systems is the only solution focused on true state awareness of physical systems.
- Aperio Systems is the first cybersecurity solution that detects artificial manipulations of industrial process data, enabling operators to take real-time corrective action without service disruption to industrial control systems.
- Aperio Systems enables unprecedented resilience and operational integrity for critical infrastructure such as power plants, water and waste control, manufacturing, oil and gas, energy, transportation, food and beverage, recycling and telecommunications.
In less than 300 words, summarize the most important features and benefits of this product or service
APERIO Systems enables unprecedented resilience and operational integrity for critical infrastructure with it’s patented Data Forgery ProtectionTM (DFP) technology. It detects injection of new synthetic data, replays of past data and real-time transformation of process data, enabling an immediate response to any threats.
Unfortunately, industrial organizations aren’t fortified to the same extent as the corporate sector, remaining highly vulnerable. Current security products are intrusive, hard to maintain and costly to integrate, often producing vague and unactionable alerts.
A hacker creating damage must 1: Put systems into damaging states 2) Hide all evidence of intrusion and malfunctions by forging physical sensor data. Using advanced proprietary algorithms, APERIO Systems identifies unique fingerprints in reported signals, validating their integrity and authenticity. Based on those fingerprints, APERIO Systems alerts and pinpoints the attacked equipment and forged process data.
Data Forgery Protection (DFP): Validates integrity and authenticity of reported signals to provide true state awareness, enabling operators to take corrective action in real time.
Process Continuity: Provides resilience with minimal downtime when attacked
Operational Alerts: Fast, actionable, specific alerts allow operators to mitigate permanent damage.
Accurate and Relevant: Low false positive alert rate – reports only if physical state does not reflect the plant’s real situation.
Minimized Risk: Passive and non-intrusive system lowers operational risks, installation and maintenance costs.
Counters Insider Threats: Protects against external and internal actors.
Easy Deployment and Integration: Passively plugs into plant’s existing sensor aggregation systems, collecting data, and allowing easy, secure access to plant’s production information.
APERIO Systems is the only solution focused on true state awareness of physical systems. It provides the last line of defense once digital systems are penetrated by malicious actors. It’s already deployed at several sites across EMEA, detecting operational data forgery attempts – reconstructing true state of ICS systems in real time.